All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which competitions does this mean they could miss?
(I'm from the uk so not sure what's classed as 'within driving distance'! Here people don't like driving more than 2 hours max!)

It is feasible so kudos to them! There are several Worlds bids competitions that they could drive to without using Stay to Play. As much as Stay to Play is killing the smaller/lesser known gyms, nothing will be done about it. It will take a CEA and others to take an united stand before the industry does something about it. The same thing goes for Worlds. Want changes? Let the top 5-10 gyms in each division band together, ask for change or else and stick with it if it doesn't happen. Things would be changed like that.

This will take out NCA, All Star Games & Majors I guess. Although some parents at our gym did drive to Indy this season so not sure about Majors. Here in NC we are driving distance to a lot of big comps. Atlanta comps, Florida, DC, Virginia.

But she posted on FaceBook that she was done with Stay to Play. That means not only staying within driving distance but also refusing to attend comps where an overnight stay is required. Are all the comps around y'all not doing the STP requirement?

But she posted on FaceBook that she was done with Stay to Play. That means not only staying within driving distance but also refusing to attend comps where an overnight stay is required. Are all the comps around y'all not doing the STP requirement?
All Star Challenge comps aren't are they? Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach isn't either. Not sure about One Up in Nashville. Lots of local comps here. Athletic Championships, Encore, one day Cheersport. UCA isn't stay to play either.

All Star Challenge comps aren't are they? Spirit Sports Battle at the Beach isn't either. Not sure about One Up in Nashville. Lots of local comps here. Athletic Championships, Encore, one day Cheersport. UCA isn't stay to play either.

Wow!! That's nice!! Sounds very doable then! :)

It's a nice thought but is it realistic?Especially with Cheer Athletics in her backyard now? She could stand to lose a lot of athletes.

I applaud her stance on Stay To Play.

However, I'm scratching my head at Orlando, FL being considered 'driving distance' but that could just be because as a kid I had to endure a drive from about where World's is held to upstate North Carolina to visit my dad's family...bleh.

No CEA at The Major's, Champs League (?), and NCA. What else does this knock out? All-Star Games?

Edited to add: She used the word 'likely' which gives her an out if needed.

Ive been on the boards and involved with cheer for a while and I must have missed the stay to play memo.. can someone elaborate ? or link me to the thread where its explained ?
Basically, before STP you could travel to a comp and stay at whatever hotel you wanted (many gyms chose less expensive options, for obvious reasons). Now, with STP, teams competing at certain events are required to stay at certain hotels because EPs make deals w/ these hotels to rent a block of rooms for competitors. Problem is, these are PRICEY hotels, and they've added to the already insane costs of competing.

Back