All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 7, 2010
Okay, we all know it looks sooo nice when it's done right, but is it really worth it? It doesn't get you a higher score or anything, and it just makes getting ready take that much longer.

Plus, I'm pretty sure all-star cheerleaders are the reason for the hole in the ozone ;D

I agree. I've only seen one team who has got the curls right and they all bought the same curling iron and do it together. I think down in any way looks like a hot mess when they are tumbling and flipping. I also prefer a high pony tail. It looks cleaner and stays out of the athletes way.

our team does curls and we love them. we had a meeting at the beginning of the season to decide how to do our hair and decided on the way to curl it. i feel like it personally adds to our dance. also, we went one competition without curls and our overall performance went down. NOT SAYING that curls boost the score but they help us perform better especially in the dance

i came from brandon to gymtyme so i switched from a straight bob to long curls. it was definitely a change but i think it adds to our routine in the pyramid and dance because all you see up front is the dance is Emily, Cheech, and I's hair flying everywhere. lol.

Im pretty sure 99% of teams have swayed away from the cheer spikes thank god! I dont think curls make a difference in overall score but I have more confidence when I where curls, it just looks pretty and healthy. I have long hair so pony tail end up heavy and messy looking but alot of curls on my team cant do the curls since they have short hair. Either way its going to be a slight discrepancy because no one has the exact same hair length and texture.

I don't like curls in a half-pony, I wouldn't mind in a regular pony. I think it looks messy when flyers twist, and it gets caught in your bows. Plus the point of a dance is how well you dance. Not who does the best, flippiest hairogrophy. Unfortunately my gym does half ponytail curls. They never all look the same. Some girls look like Shirley Temple, and some look like they just rolled out of bed. My hair is so long (30 inches and hangs down to my waist) that I have to wear a pony anyways just to avoid landing on my own hair. Also, because there's so much and it's so heavy, I have to sleep on hard rollers which take about an hour to put in (as opposed to 30 minutes with a flat iron.) I don't get a good night's sleep, and I have to worry about the curls falling out all day. Needless to say, I HATE curls

I don't like curls in a half-pony, I wouldn't mind in a regular pony. I think it looks messy when flyers twist, and it gets caught in your bows. Plus the point of a dance is how well you dance. Not who does the best, flippiest hairogrophy. Unfortunately my gym does half ponytail curls. They never all look the same. Some girls look like Shirley Temple, and some look like they just rolled out of bed. My hair is so long (30 inches and hangs down to my waist) that I have to wear a pony anyways just to avoid landing on my own hair. Also, because there's so much and it's so heavy, I have to sleep on hard rollers which take about an hour to put in (as opposed to 30 minutes with a flat iron.) I don't get a good night's sleep, and I have to worry about the curls falling out all day. Needless to say, I HATE curls
you should consider cutting your hair. it sounds likes its at a really impractical length

my cp's gym used to do the curls and now it is just straight hair, high ponytail - I love it. To me it is neater and gives a more uniform look. Also, it drives me crazy to see the long hair flying around. IMO it detracts from overall neatness of the team and I have always thought it also could be distracting and just in the way of the tumblers. I don't know how one girl I saw saved herself from getting tripped up during her tumbling run when she put her hands down on her own hair.

@INeverStopCheering - my oldest is the same, everytime I try to talk her into cutting her hair she says "but people know me by my hair" When she played basketball, a boy from the opposing school's boy's team always referred to her as "viking girl" because she had this long blond braid going down her back. She was very proud of that nickname.:rolleyes:

i like the curls better, and it is not that bad. yeah it takes time but i think my team has decided its worth it. it also makes you feel sassier and add that much more performance into the routine, even from those quiet shy girls.

Back