All-Star D2 Summit Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2010
D2 is newer to me. I follow a youtuber who does vlogs about his gym in Texas, Mustang cheer who is under Carly Manning. Currently some teams just got back from the D2 Celebration and some teams going to D2 summit in Orlando next week. The website says they have over 400 athletes and 17 teams and he shows many teams so this is what peaked my curiosity.

So my question is isn't D2 reserved for gyms with under 125 cumulative athletes? How can this gym get around this ruling? They have on their website listed "regional" and "national" teams but d2 rules say something about all competitive athletes. Can someone explain to me please? I may not be understanding correctly but this just seems like a way to get around the ruling somehow and still have a large gym with lots of athletes and more opportunities than a smaller gym but still compete in D2.

When they say 400 athletes they are probably including recreational cheer and classes. But the determination for day 2 is just about the number of athletes in the All-star program.

Back