OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
Has anyone else seen the preview for the new Lifetime show dance moms? They dance coach is nuts.;)

She just seems ANGRY. Like I did dance and we did pretty well and I've worked with at least 2 or 3 WELL KNOWN choreographers/teachers who aren't NEARLY that mean.. Mark's pretty sarcastic/dry humor but he's NEVER that harsh. Where are they from?

She just seems ANGRY. Like I did dance and we did pretty well and I've worked with at least 2 or 3 WELL KNOWN choreographers/teachers who aren't NEARLY that mean.. Mark's pretty sarcastic/dry humor but he's NEVER that harsh. Where are they from?
Just googled it and it seems like it's in Pittsburgh.

Wow -- okay -- we've been in dance for 8 years and while we have had are share of tough coaches nothing like that one -- I love the "headpiece didn't come off -- it came forward"... hahahaha- but yeah there are some that are really fussy -- one comp the girls wore nylons instead of tights and they all ran and ripped during the dance -- boy did the team moms get yelled at... No tears is the other one -- yup we've had coaches that flat out say -- don't cry unless you are physically hurt -- crying because you forgot your routine doesn't cut it... I am going to see when this is on -- might be a good laugh...

..How dare they put this show on at the same time as Toddlers and Tiaras!

Haha...I was torn! I was flipping back and forth...but then when the one mom barged in the practice because her daughter got kicked out - I stayed with dance moms...it was like a train wreck, I couldn't look away! My favorite line of the whole show "I love bunnies" and "carrots"

The girls did aerials and round off back handsprings on the hard dance floors. I wonder if she teaches them those skills at her studio or if she sends them to a cheer/gymnastics gym for those skills.

Just googled it and it seems like it's in Pittsburgh.
It's in penn hills... about twenty minutes from downtown pittsburgh.
that's where i started (it was just called marilyn lorraine then.. that's abby's mother's name, she used to be the owner and main teacher when i was young) i stopped dancing when i started cheering 8 years ago. its really like that there.. i mean i think a lot of it is amped up for tv but i don't doubt that she said or would say that stuff if it weren't filming. they signed a release saying they could rephrase their sentences apparently as well. it is crazy and without being in a cheer/dance/tiara world no one would believe its real but as crazy as it is. she produces amazing dancers. one was just on so you think you can dance (miranda maleski, who went to my high school as well) others are dancing on broadway, down in disney world, or are teaching dance. mark meyars ( i think that's the spelling) is one who was graduating when i started there and he's been in a ton of shows since. it looks crazy and i prob wouldn't have stuck it out with that much longer but if i had i know that whatever i'd have done it'd be the way she wanted it, she wouldn't rest if it wasn't.

ps. did anyone catch the older sister brooke saying she wanted to try competitive cheer? yeahhhh! :)

The girls did aerials and round off back handsprings on the hard dance floors. I wonder if she teaches them those skills at her studio or if she sends them to a cheer/gymnastics gym for those skills.
when i was there it was on her floor. i started learing my backhandspring there actually.

If a studio teaches gymnastic, they do it on the studio floor. Really hard on the knees...once my daughter joined gymnastic, I took her out of tumbling at the studio...
Sometimes if you have a great studio/teacher, as long as you can prove that your dancer is taking so many hours of tumbling a week, they'll let them take it at a cheer/gymnastic gym..:)

Latest posts

Back