All-Star Deciding Where To Cheer Next Season? Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 12, 2012
Is it wrong to try out for two different teams?
My old team isn't having Spring Camp this year and tryouts our in two weeks, but there is another team (different club) whom is having Spring Camp for three months then tryouts.

Should I do both, and hope nobody finds out, and quit/not tryout for one later? I feel awful having to make this decision. I've always had amazing cheer experiences until this last season, where my coaches basically ignored me and when they didn't, they treated me awfully. I went from double ups, switch-ups and layouts in my tumbling...to full ups, an extended lib and a round off back handspring as my highest skills. My entire stunt group suffered (one of my bases has never cheered before and my backspot refused to go to open gym, and missed all the key practices) leaving myself and my other long term base helpless and frustrated. None of them are coming back next year, but I can't help wanting to try again.

I feel like maybe doing Spring Camp and getting those key skills back, I could evaluate from there where I want to go. The other Club definitely would be harder to make at tryouts, but they train really well, and even if I wasn't at there level at the end of Spring, I would be where I was last season and make it onto my old team.

So should I cross my fingers and hope I make the different club in a few months, go with something I know and dislike (fingers crossed the coaches decide they like me again) or do both? (In doing both, I'd either have to:
A. Quit my team, tryout for the other team.
B. Stay with my team, and not tryout for the other team.

Thanks!

Do what is best for you. There is another thread that talks about trying out for two gyms and then deciding there might be answers in that thread that help you decide. But you have to do what's best for you

I think this is a very difficult decision to make, but if I was you, I would quit your current team. You have evidently had a pretty tough time this season - not only do you sound like you were unhappy there, but your gym has also not furthered your skills. And for that reason, I think it's time to move on to a new gym.

Even if you go to tryouts for the new gym and don't make the team you want, I think it would be better for you as a cheerleader to be there instead of your current gym. At least there you have a chance of a better environment. Don't fool yourself that things will get better at your current gym - to me it sounds like they probably won't, and I don't think it's a risk worthy taking.

Hope that helps!

ACE will soon have so many locations that they're planning their own ACE-only competition at Disney World. :)

Hope we would pick a better location!

In good news though, the Huntsville location opened last week and they signed up more than 150+ athletes and 10+ schools in the first three days! Very proud of the young men running the shop.

Hope we would pick a better location!

In good news though, the Huntsville location opened last week and they signed up more than 150+ athletes and 10+ schools in the first three days! Very proud of the young men running the shop.

Wow, you've certainly got a lot of locations, athletes and support! Thanks for letting me know about your gym...unfortunately I live out of the States, which wouldn't work very well for me...It would definitely be one heck of a drive to practice each night! :)

So your actuall team is having try-outs in 2 weeks and the team you would eventually try out for has try-outs in 3 months, did i read this right?

First, i guess if you try out for the other gym and take privates or go to the spring camp, you will be really motivated to get back your skills to make a team there?
This is a good thing. I would go for it.

You still have the option to try out for your actual team, see if there will be new teammates, how it will run and still can try-out for the other team, if it will go on like last season (that you wasn´t really happy with)?
Or is this not possible?

Back