Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Anyone else see the Facebook post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the past 48 hours, NCA has disqualified 3 different teams who competed with us at two different events this season.

In both instances, programs submitted falsified rosters, birth dates, and competed athletes who are not age eligible. Both programs have been instructed to return all trophies/banners to the NCA office. Their teams have been removed from the online results and their information is being forwarded to the USASF so that it may be determined if further disciplinary action is necessary.

NCA and NDA take the integrity and legitimacy of our sport very seriously. For those programs bringing teams to NCA & NDA All-Star Nationals, be assured that we will be diligent in upholding the rules and unwavering in our response if USASF rosters are not submitted properly.

As Coaches, Parents, and Event Producers, we all have a responsibility to young people. Remember, we aren’t just training cheerleaders to win titles. We are reinforcing core values that will shape and mold our next generation of leaders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh.

Wow. What a delima for the parents. There would have to be a lot of questions I would be asking the gym right now. Honestly, I think I would strongly consider removing my child from the program if their gym was cheating. Depending on the response, I would say that this could be a reflection on the integrity of the coaches and the owners. I would have to reevaluate if I would want them as role models for my kid.

^^^^There will be some who will.

Depending on the program, a good number likely will not.

To a lot of parents, winning is more important.

Then there are some who simply aren't informed of the rules.

The staff will likely explain how it is that they did not cheat, and the parents will believe it.

Last edited:
Thank you NCA. This is so long overdue. I understand that EPs couldn't do too much without USASF putting available channels in place, but I have seen some obvious rule violations over the years that were ignored by EPs. Hopefully other EPs will follow NCA's lead.

ETA @King where is the facebook post? I don't see it on NCA's page

Last edited:
Back