All-Star Does your gym allow worlds athletes to crossover to non-worlds teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A

Anonymous

My current gym doesn't allow us to and I was wondering if that's a popular thing?

All of the gyms my girls cheered at allowed it, but you had to be asked. With double teaming, I worry about kids burning out or getting injuries. If you attend public school v home school, you will potentially miss a lot of school between worlds and summit.

Fairly common at our gym, especially among the younger ones. They require all athletes to compete in their age group before crossing over to an older or team, so we have a few of the younger worlds athletes on junior teams. My daughter has aged out of junior now but also competes on senior 3 as well as an IO Worlds team.

Fairly common at our gym, especially among the younger ones. They require all athletes to compete in their age group* before crossing over to an older or team, so we have a few of the younger worlds athletes on junior teams. My daughter has aged out of junior now but also competes on senior 3 as well as an IO Worlds team.
Youngest possible age group

It was rare and last resort at retired girl's large gym. They weren't fans because it takes an athlete out of practice the week before the Summit, a lot of missed school, it's an injury risk, and it's added expense on a family. The only time I remember it happening, it was decided a few weeks before the event, the athlete was primarily a designated tumbler, and they had a sibling on the Summit team.

12 out of the the 14 athletes that was on the open team level 6 I was on one year had athletes crossing over to Senior 5, Senior 3, Junior 4, and even had someone fill in for someone on Junior 2

Back