Double Up From Prep To Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 31, 2012
I know I've seen this in a couple routines this season (it may be 1.5 ups too)

I can't find any of the videos tho! Can anyone direct me to a routine that uses these?

Thanks!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Does anyone know the grips to do this?

We do them the way ICE does them in the video above - bases/back turn to side and top girl turns her hips/shoulders to the front. Main base has a full-up grip, secondary toss and releases, as does backspot. Basically it's a full around (tech 1 1/4 since top is turned the additional 1/4) where the stunt group moves the additional 3/4 turn.

If the movement by the bases doesn't finish at the same time that the top completes the spin, you won't get credit for a double from most judges - or they seriously knock your technique.

If you want to do a 1.5 spin - don't have the top girl turn her torso and the stunt group does a half turn while the full around is happening.

Alternatively, you can also just toss and catch. In prep, dip toss through the top, the top girl does the full spin, and as you catch you do a half turn. That would be a release move in addition to getting twisting credit whereas the grips above are only twisting skills.

Feel free to PM and I can send you a video that has alternative grips and demonstrates what I mean by only turning 1.5, catching, and walking the remaining 0.5 turn in a failed attempt to get double around credit.

Back