Double Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 4, 2011
how do you do a double up in assisted partner stunt/duo stunting?
does the flyer spin earlier? do the bases just throw - release the stunt? or let it spin on their palm?
any videos would be great to demonstrate how to do this

you can release the flyer at the top and let her spin 1.5 times, and the bases rotate an extra half to make two rotations... that is the way that i would do them. :)

There is a few ways of doing them. Basically your arm can only do one rotation connected to a foot (without requiring an unusual amount of flexibility) which is why you see the bases rotate on non release spinning that goes more than one twist.

So you can either pop from the bottom initiating the twist and released to finish into your hands or have the bass rotate with the foyer to finish.

There needs to be a release. The faster your flyer can spin the better. With releases allowed up to 18 inches now, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these soon.

This isn't the best video of it as the flyer doesn't finish all the way. About 2:30 into the video.

Same flyer, but she finishes, bases just weren't locked out on the catch. About 1:30 into the video.

There needs to be a release. The faster your flyer can spin the better. With releases allowed up to 18 inches now, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of these soon.

This isn't the best video of it as the flyer doesn't finish all the way. About 2:30 into the video.

Same flyer, but she finishes, bases just weren't locked out on the catch. About 1:30 into the video.

There was no release here (0:15) simply rotating :)

Lol the way the black is situated on their shorts/skirts makes it look like they're all just wearing black underwear.

You dont have to release. CAC and Steel don't for theirs. The only time you 'have' to release a double up is single based coed (here's Fire's for example). All coed fullups are released to hit.

first five seconds in middle.

Sorry, I meant single based not coed. Some ladies can do the. As bases as well.

You are right, I don't mean to say there needs to be a release. Rather, it worked better for us to release.

Your way is preferred. Though seeing them more often I'm not sure about. They are somewhat equivalent to standing doubles in difficulty.

The way we do it is we have the flyer load in facing the front with her legs crossed left over right, then the SECOND reaches through her legs and grabs her foot in a full up grip. The flyer stands up, that's a half, then the secondary twists her, that's a full, lastly the second makes a half turn (.5 + .5 + 1 = 2) and catches both feet coed style. The back catches the ankles and the main catches the right foot (there are three hands on the right foot). It sounds all kinds of janky but it happens so fast you dont notice.

We're working it to lib right now.

We don't release and only one base moves.

Do you have these mixes?

The way we do it is we have the flyer load in facing the front with her legs crossed left over right, then the SECOND reaches through her legs and grabs her foot in a full up grip. The flyer stands up, that's a half, then the secondary twists her, that's a full, lastly the second makes a half turn (.5 + .5 + 1 = 2) and catches both feet coed style. The back catches the ankles and the main catches the right foot (there are three hands on the right foot). It sounds all kinds of janky but it happens so fast you dont notice.

Could you post a video of that? Sounds interesting, but almost more complicated.

This sounds like how we do our full-ups, with the flyer facing the front.

Back