All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BBinNCsMom

Cheer Parent
Feb 21, 2014
It makes me so upset to see people get up and move around during a performance. Why??? It's 2.5 minutes. Then you have a break of about a minute to move if you need too.

So rude

Sorry. Just drives me crazy. I think EPs need to try to enforce this somehow. Maybe threaten deductions if you are caught??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes me so upset to see people get up and move around during a performance. Why??? It's 2.5 minutes. Then you have a break of about a minute to move if you need too.

So rude

Sorry. Just drives me crazy. I think EPs need to try to enforce this somehow. Maybe threaten deductions if you are caught??

Yeah, I always find it distracting when I am performing, not to mention disrespectful. I'm sure that if you need to go somewhere it can either wait a couple minutes, or you should have better time management.

Yeah, I always find it distracting when I am performing, not to mention disrespectful. I'm sure that if you need to go somewhere it can either wait a couple minutes, or you should have better time management.
Exactly! As a spectator, Whether it's your team or not, all these kids work hard and deserve respect!

In Canada many of our comps are in hockey arenas...but of course! They lay a special floor over the ice. The venue staff treat it like any other event and have ushers placed a the top and bottoms of the stair aisles and won't let you go up or down until a performance is done. Helps to keep down the walking around in the stands but doesn't help on the floor. They also have vendors down on the floor so people are walking and shopping at the same time as teams are going on. Kinda crazy.

ETA: Not all comps are in hockey arenas. We also use convention centres but our hockey arenas are large and seat a lot.

If our team is not competing (which at that point I would be in line for the priority seating) I always sit in the back of the hall or off to a side. I hate blocking anyone who is watching. We all watch other teams in our kids divisions. But I'm not going to block someone's grandmother who may not be able to stand for the priority area. Just rude.

My number one pet peeve by far is when people get in priority viewing to watch their team, then stay and block our teams. I understand our worlds teams can be popular but it's irritating when random people are blocking me from seeing my best friends/coaches/boyfriend competing. Ive been completely blocked so many times and I don't think people understand how upsetting it is when those are our brothers and sisters up there.

At our comp last week-end, a large crowd for the team performing after ours wouldn't move so that our viewers could watch our team perform. So one of our coaches handed them a bunch of our little flags and said basically if you're not going to move then at least wave these around....LOL...same big gym that has done similar in the past. Some things never change.

Competitions should be more like tennis matches. When there's a break in activity, you move around, chat, get food, do whatever you want. But when they're in the middle of playing a point, you sit your butt down lest the umpire yells at you.
Cheer people often seem to be incapable of staying in one spot for a few minutes.

Last edited:
Back