Feet Apart When Tumbling.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 13, 2011
When I first started tumbling I had MAJOR issues with keeping my legs together when throwing a BHS/tuck. So, my coach gave me 'the block'. Basically, it was a small foam square that I had to put in between my knees. If the foam fell I had to do 50 crunches. Let's just say I learned to keep my legs together REAL quick. Did any of you have to do anything like that? Not just with tumbling, but anything that helped you get a skill/dance move/jump/etc.

I cut up a small size pool noodle into sections and use it. The roundness seems to fit better than a square object. I've even had students use them to keep their arms by their ears in simple things like cartwheels. They put 1 piece of pool noodle on each shoulder with arms up squeezing their ears so it holds the piece of noodle there. The little kids love to do it!

I feel like the pool noodle would have been MUCH easier to keep a hold of! & The pre-wrap is a great idea too!

i never really had this probably because i learned most of my tumbling in gymnastics but i used to try really hard to squeeze my but and toes.and try and point them. it takes time but do mutiples and it should help.

I cut up a small size pool noodle into sections and use it. The roundness seems to fit better than a square object. I've even had students use them to keep their arms by their ears in simple things like cartwheels. They put 1 piece of pool noodle on each shoulder with arms up squeezing their ears so it holds the piece of noodle there. The little kids love to do it!

Anyone who has latex allergies are allergic to pool noodles. Just an FYI.

i never really had this probably because i learned most of my tumbling in gymnastics but i used to try really hard to squeeze my but and toes.and try and point them. it takes time but do mutiples and it should help.

Oh, I definitely don't have that problem anymore! The thought of crunches helped me focus on keeping them together. ;)It was four or five years ago that I had to do that. I just saw something in a 'cheer pet peeves' thread about open legs that reminded me of 'the block', so that's why I posted this. lol. Thanks for the advice though :)

Oh, I definitely don't have that problem anymore! The thought of crunches helped me focus on keeping them together. ;)It was four or five years ago that I had to do that. I just saw something in a 'cheer pet peeves' thread about open legs that reminded me of 'the block', so that's why I posted this. lol. Thanks for the advice though :)
oh hahaha i guesss i didnt read the whole thing. wow i feel stupid lol :p

My coach took a rubber band thing, like one you would use to work out with, and tied my legs together. There was no choice but together!

We use the pre-wrap, noodles, foam blocks...pretty much whatever is handy. I have a pair of ankle biters (that's what I call them idk their real name) but they strap on like ankle weights and have Velcro on the insides so they stick together pretty tight. You can pull them apart so there's no injury but the sound of the Velcro ripping apart is an auditory clue that helps alot--they know exactly when they're seperating their legs.

Back