All-Star First Time At Worlds!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 23, 2010
alright so this year will be my first year going to worlds and only my 3rd year cheering so im definately all into cheer but im not a seasoned veteran. what are some tips for worlds? (the competition, watching other teams, going to parks, hotels, and pretty much ANYTHING you can think of!) i would love to hear everything yall have to say!

secondly, im going as an "alternate" ONLY BECAUSE my ankle is broken in two places and wont be healed to do anything until almost june. has anyone else ever been to worlds but not competed due to an injury? whats it like? any tips or experiences?

THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

AH! Well first of all, get ready for the best experience of your life! :) and congrats on making it that far. Sorry about your ankle! I hope you have a speedy recovery! One of the things I wish I would have done more when I went (I hope to be going this year too) is taking tons of pictures! Take pictures with all the teams you can, from all over the world because there great to look back on. & to keep the stress down on making sure you watch all the teams you want to watch, get a schedule and plan out your day and make sure you are there to watch a few minutes ahead of time to make sure you get a good spot! :) just have fun, it is one of the coolest things i've ever done.

Carry your camera charger/cell charger in your bag! You'll be snapping tons of pics and texting/tweeting non-stop. Be sure you're prepared! If you use the Disney transport to get around you will NOT want to have to go back to the room for anything!

I think one off the coolest experiences is seeing all the teams practice on the football field at the all-star sports resort! Make sure you bring your camera!

I recommend getting an early flight on thursday so you get there in the afternoon so you can settle into your room then hit the parks! You probably won't get a chance to on Saturday and probably not sunday except for the Block Party. (they shut down Hollywood Studios for the night for the cheer and dance worlds competitors!! so much fun!). Friday is a good park day too when you aren't practicing. My teams always practice thursday night, fri 2 times, and saturday morning! so you'll have to work around that. It's so much fun being there. From like 7 AM on there is always SOMEONE practicing somewhere. It's like cheer & dance world...(i'd honestly hate to be a family on vacation at that time cus the entire place is swarming with allstar cheerleaders and dancers). The all star sports resort is the best hotel to me just cus that's where everybody is and it's just so much fun. The cafeteria there is nice but pricey so make sure you bring snacks for the room and lots of extra money for food. Bring a camera!!! This is something you will definitely want to remember. I literally look at my worlds photo albums like once a week at least. As far as watching teams, it was hard for me just cus we had dance teams and cheer teams so we were being transported back and forth between Epcot and The Milk House so we didn't really get a chance to sit and watch, but since you're injured anyway and will be watching, you'll probably get to see some good stuff! Print out a schedule for sure bc you want to know what's coming up (just like any other competition). They give you a drawstring backpack and some little freebies when you first arrive for your "orientation" so you might not necessarily need to lug around your big duffel or backpack to the parks. OH, and make sure you keep your lanyard on you like 24/7! It has your hopper pass (gets you into the parks) and that's the only way you can get into the comp too! So that's like your lifeline. Ohh and if you wanna go to the parks on Thursday or Friday, definitely get there early to try to beat the crowd! but even that won't save you cus it's so cram packed.

Wow that's a lot but I kinda was just rambling. In a nutshell though, just really enjoy yourself, take lots of pictures, bring extra money for food, meet lots of people, don't lose your lanyard, and plan your free days ahead of time (thurs or fri)!! Have funnn!!

1st find a friend thats been there before thats wht i did last year when it was my 1st year and i had just been cheering for 2 years make sure that the person has been to all the parks an knows just real general knowlage bout the parks like when the shows start and when events happen and as for seeing the comp id suggest getting there early in the morning so you can see who you wanna see an then enjoy your self around meeting people and trading shirts if thats what your into cuase it get packed over there quick and you might not get a great seat to see the team you want to all the time soo get there early and with a group. Oh an most deff BRING MONEYYY you will see a lot of foods and you will be hungry hahaha and Just have as much fun as possible take as many pix as humanly possible cause this is an exeperience you never everrrrr want to forget. Meet as many people as you can thats the best place to meet people. And if they still give out those cellphone thingys at intro get one itll be your best friend it goes right on your landyard last year nobody on my team got one and i was the only one with one.

Glad you find it useful. Please pass it on or send people the link.

Back