All-Star Former Cea Athletes Detail Abuse In Usa Today Article

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In what world is it okay to have a policy that says abuse needs to be reported to the TEAM PARENT (and can't be done anonymously?) You're literally asking kids not to report it.

Last edited:
It’s almost like they don’t want people to come forward and speak up.

Also if my child tells me about abuse at a sport event or practice and someone ignores me and tells me I need to speak to the team mom first rather than to the league director and law enforcement we’re going to have an issue.

You may want to just go ahead and call the police on me because I am going to jail.

Me and your abusive staff member will be on the news.

@justpeachy thinking of you and your daughter today. I saw someone tweet that the cheer world owes you (and a few others) an apology and I 100% agree.

Thank you. It has been a day. It was exciting to see the efforts made by so many come together and be legitimized today. I hope this article gains the traction it deserves and the right people listen and act.

Last edited:
This is awful. Just awful. If you work with children in any capacity not only do you have a moral obligation to act, but you also have a duty to act and take every single allegation seriously. As an athlete that was abused by a coach (not at CEA) and was terrified to ever speak up and truly believed it was my fault, I'm incredibly offended and sickened by this program and so many other programs in our industry. All of the findings by USA Today that have come out this year is just disgusting.

Back