All-Star Former Cheer Athletics Athletes Report Alleged Abuse

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
This post is from their attorney but 2 athletes (now at SOT and over 18) came forward today with allegations of abuse at hands of a CA coach when they cheered there.

(Disclaimer: I don't know what location this individual currently coaches at or which location he was coaching at at the time. Also this is currently under investigation and I don't know if anyone has been charged yet.)

The "press release" from the law firm was a complete turn-off. I would have fired them on the spot. They have already painted a stereotype of these two young women.
With that said, how many times will the same gym have accusations against them and still not be sanctioned?

The "press release" from the law firm was a complete turn-off. I would have fired them on the spot. They have already painted a stereotype of these two young women.
With that said, how many times will the same gym have accusations against them and still not be sanctioned?

I don't understand.

It's like CA is teflon.

This is the 3rd in two years I am pretty sure.

(The Jerry case, another coach who was also on Wild, and this one.)

YES THANK YOU.

I believe these girls and their story. I just want to make that clear.

But that juvenile press release was almost laughable.

1. Left out CA location where abuse occurred, possibly because the lawyer doesn’t even know there’s more than one? Check.

2. Didn’t detail anything about the girls reporting abuse to CA or USASF, just used conjecture and ad hominem attacks completely devoid of facts? Check.

3. Threw in Jerry’s name to elicit an emotional response even though he didn’t work at the Austin location? Check.

4. Threw in Nasser’s name to elicit an emotional response even though he literally has nothing to do with any of this? Check.

I’d fire that firm too. That press release sounds like it was written by a troll over at Cheer Confessions.

ill wait for all the facts to come out before voicing an opinion on the matter specifically, but i will say the lawyer representing the girls comes off as very amateur to me at least, from the press release, the instagram posts, etc. just arent professional in any way imo.

YES THANK YOU.

I believe these girls and their story. I just want to make that clear.

But that juvenile press release was almost laughable.

1. Left out CA location where abuse occurred, possibly because the lawyer doesn’t even know there’s more than one? Check.

2. Didn’t detail anything about the girls reporting abuse to CA or USASF, just used conjecture and ad hominem attacks completely devoid of facts? Check.

3. Threw in Jerry’s name to elicit an emotional response even though he didn’t work at the Austin location? Check.

4. Threw in Nasser’s name to elicit an emotional response even though he literally has nothing to do with any of this? Check.

I’d fire that firm too. That press release sounds like it was written by a troll over at Cheer Confessions.
All of that and "they are so famous and have so many social media followers"...:confused: . It screams of attention seeking versus actually having a legitimate case (not saying they do or they don't - just saying how their legal team has presented the situation thus far)

These remarks made by a pysch RN bother me a lot. I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but often times some of those opinions are left unsaid. One other comment that bothered that was made by a former cheer Athletics wildcat was “jay doesn’t seem like a person that would do that.”

At the end of the day most individuals who are sexual abusers, rapists, or even murders never seem like the type of person that would do such a thing.

The thing I always say when we talk about this, as someone who works in schools and had a front row seat to a similar situation involving a baseball coach/much-loved special ed student aide:

Abusers don’t just groom kids, they also groom other adults like parents, teachers, etc.

If an abuser came off creepy to everyone from the start, everyone would know they were creepy and there’d be no one to abuse. Parents would be on high alert.

The abuser knows this. That’s why they often are the “sweetest nicest guy who could never do that.” They have to build that persona or else they can’t gain trust.

They don’t only groom kids by being the kindest, nicest person in the gym, they groom parents that way too.

The parents see how kind that person is, how they always take out extra time to work with their child, how much you like them, etc. and it gives them a sense of comfort. They may even have you over a few times for sleepovers and not even do anything abusive. All part of the grooming process.

So by the time the abuse happens and you tell a parent, your parent’s response initially is “I don’t think he would do that Susie maybe he accidentally grabbed your butt in practice trying to spot your tuck?” Or other coaches may be like “This is not true why are you lying on them? Is this because you didn’t make J5?” Anything but believing you because it seems so out of line with that person’s character. Kids may even let it KEEP happening because they’re convinced by adults that this is all a misunderstanding, they’re causing drama, and that person couldn’t possibly hurt them on purpose.

Whole time the abuser makes new victims. By the time someone is taken seriously, it’s more than just one kid.

Remember when allegations came out about Jerry? So many folks said “Omg he is so sweet he would never.” Bottom line: you do not know these people. Even if you work there or they’ve coached your kid for years. You only know the persona that people are choosing to share with you.

A girl who use take gymnastics with my cousin was groomed by her coach/ former coach from the age of 12-20.

he was always seen as “the nice guy.”

here are some posts her mama has made.

This one above is important and all parents, guardians, teachers, child care workers, and coaches should all watch.

I would say around 90% of the town where this has happened, at backing the coach up. This includes pastors, teachers, nurses, policeman, fireman, a few other gymnastic, dance, and cheer coaches in the area.
here is a post a family member of the girl made. Unfortunately the girl, whose name is Jennifer did end up killing herself(supposedly) earlier this month.
How common these types of things are is just sad and scary.

Back