Forward Rolls Should Be Banned

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 30, 2012
Forward rolls are dangerous they should be removed from cheerleading. They are more dangerous than double fulls. 2 girls on my 4team have concussions because of this DARN skill. I can't even do one.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Last edited:
This is true, your head should not touch the ground. Make sure your head is tucked under completely, and this will curve your back and your will roll over naturally. Before you have the technique confidently, make sure you are practising on a soft surface otherwise girls may get the injuries you say they have.

I don't think it's dangerous as you say... I never saw someone with a concussion because of forward rolls...

We had relay races at the beach this weekend. The coaches were the posts you ran around at the end. To say the coaches themselves are competitive is an understatement. Our HC had one of our S5 boys come up to run around him to run back to tag the next person, it was getting close, coach grabs on and tries to whip him around sling shot style which threw the kid off balance and rather than straight face plant in the sand, he tucked his head and forward rolled and came up and running. ;) Forward rolls can be a lifesaver!

If you mean dive rolls, those are banned from a lot of school and rec competitions already. A straight-up forward roll shouldn't be hurting people like that. If you are afraid to try one, go to a tumbling class and get a spot. (Yes, you can actually spot them . You would have an assist at your hips lifting up to help protect your head and neck. And you would learn them on and incline mat, which makes them much easier.)

Back