All-Star Front Full (pyramid) Drills And Grips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
What are some drill you guys use to help teach front fulls?

I have two flyers both new to level five and struggling with this skill. Tried everything I could think of and was hoping you guys had some other ideas that could make this click for them

Coffee grinder grip. The bracer holds a handshake grip but with palms facing outward and the top girl's hand facing toward the brace.
Really get the flipping top used to doing hollowed out front layouts with a good ride and toe push to the top of the ceiling. Once they can do a great front layout, have them do front layouts onto a trampoline and immediate "full down" once landing on their back. This will help them wait until they are done flipping to get the rotation started.

The bracer should help lift and follow and once the legs are past the handstand position, they will forcefully start making a "coffee grinder" motion toward the front of the floor in a full circular motion. If they dont make the entire circle, it may force the top girl to get stuck and or stop flipping and come crashing down.

I know there are a ton of other grips that are probably way better than this one, but this is what has worked for me the few times I have taught them. :)

Back