Fulls On Dead Mat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
I have had my full for a little under a year now, it's pretty solid and I have specialty passes and am working on other specialty passes with it. I have recently signed with a competitive college and I would like to know how to make the transition from throwing fulls on spring floor, to throwing them on dead mat. I have a high and solid layout on dead mat but I haven't tried a full on dead mat because I didn't do high school cheerleading this year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated because I am a little nervous about doing it for the first time.

The easiest way to do this is to do a layout and when you see the ground (at the very end of the layout) twist your hips just a bit, a few inches of a turn is fine. Go little by little until you land a 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 then full.

Keep twisting at the last second of layout until you start to plateau and can't twist more than a half or 3/4, then start twisting just a bit earlier (not too early though). Take it step by step and you'll have complete control over the skill, which will defeat any fear or mistakes.

Good luck.

The easiest way to do this is to do a layout and when you see the ground (at the very end of the layout) twist your hips just a bit, a few inches of a turn is fine. Go little by little until you land a 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 then full.

Keep twisting at the last second of layout until you start to plateau and can't twist more than a half or 3/4, then start twisting just a bit earlier (not too early though). Take it step by step and you'll have complete control over the skill, which will defeat any fear or mistakes.

Good luck.

This was very helpful! I'll have to do this and let you know how it goes.

Back