All-Star General 22-23 Season Announcements: Teams/Divisions, New Locations, Mergers, Closures etc.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently significant and classic "Chicago Cheer Drama" as the Co-owner of ICE in Barrington and most of the coaching staff has resigned, and is starting their own gym with the location and name to be determined.

Apparently significant and classic "Chicago Cheer Drama" as the Co-owner of ICE in Barrington and most of the coaching staff has resigned, and is starting their own gym with the location and name to be determined.
Cheer Twitter was vaguely hinting at this today so I had to run here for more info. Knew the FB wouldn’t disappoint me.

Our politics are fun in Illinois across the board 🙃

Cheer Twitter was vaguely hinting at this today so I had to run here for more info. Knew the FB wouldn’t disappoint me.

Our politics are fun in Illinois across the board 🙃
I just hope based on the name that Craig El is not involved, the former owner of UA that stole from the Georgia families and many of the UA families, didn't pay rent and the gym was evicted.

I just hope based on the name that Craig El is not involved, the former owner of UA that stole from the Georgia families and many of the UA families, didn't pay rent and the gym was evicted.
Well, there's a name I haven't heard in a while. Good ole Illinois, coming through with the drama :popcorn:

Is UA = Ultimate Athletics circa a few years back?

Might be the name, might not be. Memory is terrible. Blue and purple uniform?

Can't remember their colors, but definitely remember the Ultimate Athletics name. It would actually be nice to have another name instead of 42 ICE gyms or whatever they have (although obviously, if UA has a history of stealing money, we don't need that lol). I can't keep track of how many locations everyone has, it just all blurs together. I know ICE usually has a ton of Worlds teams and half of them I can't remember who they are or what location they're from.

Last edited:
Can't remember their colors, but definitely remember the Ultimate Athletics name. It would actually be nice to have another name instead of 42 ICE gyms or whatever they have (although obviously, if UA has a history of stealing money, we don't need that lol). I can't keep track of how many locations everyone has, it just all blurs together. I know ICE usually has a ton of Worlds teams and half of them I can't remember who they are or what location they're from.
ICE has 6 locations. 12 worlds teams last season. Definitely nowhere near 42 locations, unlike Rockstar or CA.

Barrington: [1] Winter (IOCNT6)
Naperville: [4] Lady Lightning (SS6), Thunder (XSC6), Black Ice (MC6), Blackout (IOCNT6)
Indy: [3] Golden Girls (SO6), WG (SOSC6), Hail (IONT6)
Michigan: [2] Eclipse (SC6) Luna (IONT6)
Pittsburgh: [1] Tempest (IONT6)
St. Louis: [1] Aftershock (XS6)

Based on what I’m hearing he will not be involved.

UA posted on Instagram last night that the gym location will be in Arlington Heights. So it could realistically pull athletes from both ICE Barrington and CEA Chicago. Will be interesting to see how that plays out!

Back