All-Star Glcc Comp Scoring/chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 20, 2011
Can someone please explain how this competition is scoring. There seems to be some type of interesting scoring going on there. Not sure that I understand Green Bay-Lime score with just a minor bobble. Did I miss something?:confused:

ICE-Lady Lightning Aurora, IN
91.41 2
Crimson Heat All Stars-5 Alarm Forestville, MD
90.21 3
Green Bay Elite-Lime Green Bay, WI
90.04 4
ICE-Black ICE Fort Wayne, Indiana
89.46 5
Heat Athletics-Firestorm Sussex, WI
89.03 6
Top Notch Cheer-Queens Fremont,Ohio
88.90 7
Five Star-Super Stars Erlanger, Ky
88.69 8
Ultimate Athletics-Legacy Wauconda, Illinois
88.08 9
Layton Athletics-Infinity Ringwood, IL
88.03 10
North Coast All Stars-Thunderbirds Berea, OH

AT Jam Brands, Deductions come off the final score. They also have a very specific rubric to hit when it comes to scoring. Not hitting any one part of a rubric can be detrimental.

The scoring here is crazy to me. I posted this in the other thread, but our youth 2 has consistently scored in the 88-91 range since the first competition at Jambrands events, scoring a 91 something at Jamfest SN a couple weekends ago. They hit a perfect routine yesterday and scored an 86 something? That is a whole 5 POINT difference. THAT is odd to me, and a perfect example.

The scoring here is crazy to me. I posted this in the other thread, but our youth 2 has consistently scored in the 88-91 range since the first competition at Jambrands events, scoring a 91 something at Jamfest SN a couple weekends ago. They hit a perfect routine yesterday and scored an 86 something? That is a whole 5 POINT difference. THAT is odd to me, and a perfect example.

Something could be going on, but playing devils advocate, perhaps the subjective categories are scoring lower due to a different panel? Im assuming quantity scores are correct?

I also wondered about the scoring when i saw GBE score. Does anyone have videos of the smsr5 division at this comp?
I paid for 24 hr access to the video stream and watched live yesterday. Today session 12 is not available. I am bummed. I was supposed to have 24 hr access.

They show you ur difficulty scores when u come off stage. Those are definitely accurate, execution they can score low as long as everyone is scored low it's fair. For the record lady lightening was amazing there was no on in the division that looked even close to them, so this scoring seems pretty accurate to me. Now if this was varsity this would look very different but jam score is super different

Something could be going on, but playing devils advocate, perhaps the subjective categories are scoring lower due to a different panel? Im assuming quantity scores are correct?

As I also posted, it seems our scores here have been comparable, if not slightly ahead of Indy, so I wonder if it's just a specific panel thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

unfortunately they gave us a safety deduction for catching to low , flyer's upper body went below her hips in dismount of pyramid. broke their hearts. oh well. :)

My J2 has scored consistently in the 89-91 range too, but they scored significantly lower both this weekend and at Supernationals. There have been no major changes to the routine or anything, and their objective scores remain the same. I should also point out that we didn't have any deductions at either event. I think the judging panels were being particularly tight with technique scores and overall appeal (I think that's what it's called). The low score for technique is supposed to be a 7 out of 10 unless there's something particularly tragic and then the judges can score in the 6-7 range. My team is a particularly great stunting team and tends to score in the 8.5-9 range for stunt, basket, and pyramid technique but scored around 7.5 this weekend in all three categories. Not sure what that was about, but I am wondering if this was an issue accross the board.

For the sake of analysis, I looked at our gym's results at Indianapolis vs. Chicago. And while we had some admittedly better performances (and results), our raw scores were consistently higher across the board for what I'd assume were "comparable" performances. It's possible that we tweaked routines to maybe squeeze another point of difficulty out of them, or our technique was better - but there was nothing I saw personally that made me think that the judging was tighter this weekend.

So again, I wonder if this is a specific judging panel thing. The way they throw teams in and out of those sessions, I have to think there's a panel A and panel B, so even teams in the same session might be scored by different judges. I can't imagine those judges have time to score a team, write comments, and then immediately start watching another team 30 seconds later unless they're savants. Maybe I'm completely off-base about that, though.

My J2 has scored consistently in the 89-91 range too, but they scored significantly lower both this weekend and at Supernationals. There have been no major changes to the routine or anything, and their objective scores remain the same. I should also point out that we didn't have any deductions at either event. I think the judging panels were being particularly tight with technique scores and overall appeal (I think that's what it's called). The low score for technique is supposed to be a 7 out of 10 unless there's something particularly tragic and then the judges can score in the 6-7 range. My team is a particularly great stunting team and tends to score in the 8.5-9 range for stunt, basket, and pyramid technique but scored around 7.5 this weekend in all three categories. Not sure what that was about, but I am wondering if this was an issue accross the board.

Julie, your J2 team is really great. I know I've told you that before! Your stunts are fabulous and the entire routine hits so clean. I was really surprised you guys didn't take first at JamFest. Our girls really look to up to your team even though they hate competing against you (which seems to happen often) :)

I don't have anything to add to this conversation other then our girls, scorewise, did pretty well at both Jam Live and Jam Fest Super Nationals compared the other brand competitions we've been to. I don't see the score sheets, so I really have nothing to compare it to other then what our coaches tell us parents ;)

Back