All-Star Good Front Spot

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 15, 2013
Question for coaches: what do you love to see front spots do during practice when the stunt is hitting without their assistance? How do you coach them to improve for the team success?
I see more teams using front spots this year

Ideally, I try to rotate my front spots into other positions to increase their experience, especially during early practices. I've literally switched front spots into flying and basing positions the night before competition, so every bit of practice is necessary!

This 100%. I also try to pick people who I think could get tumbling but who I don't see being power house stunters and make them frontspots. Like if I have two girls that are meh bases I put the one who's more more likely to get the tumbling as the front and have them work tumbling when the stunt is hitting.
It's hard to get enough reps in as a HS coach to get girls tumbling sometimes so that tends to help, and then the front can tumble during the stunts for homecoming routine, and if the group is hitting with the other meh base sometimes when comp season comes around I try the tumbler in the stunt position to see if the group can hit. Often they're used to making up for the other base so it tends to go okay. But if it doesn't and the other base stepped their game up then they earned their spot and I'll see if I can move the other girl somewhere else.

Often times at games we'll be missing one girl or another so having a girl that could tumble or do the stunt is really useful for me as a HS coach.

Back