All-Star Gym Start Up Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 30, 2022
I am currently working on a business plan to open a gym in my area. While I "know" what equipment I need, I am having difficulty determining the amount needed? I.e. how many crash mats would be a good start and which sizes? I plan to be cheer/tumbling only, not offering the traditional gymnastics side (beam, bars...). Just looking for some guidance from others who have started a gym and the estimated start up costs associated with day one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Theoretically... you could start with just some rolls of foam. Realistically... it kind of depends on the competition in your area. Are you close to other cheer / gymnastics gyms that have spring floors... trampolines... resi and loose foam pits... etc?

There are several small business start up organizations, private and government, that can help you in the start up process (click here). We have a small gym located in a small strip mall that has 1 foam floor, a trampoline, foam pit, a tumble track, a couple of wedge mats, and octagon trainer mat.

I highly suggest you speak with any new small business owner in your specific area. While the business equipment and supplies are obvious needs to prepare for, it is often the local city and state requirements that blindside you. We looked into opening a business several years ago, and things such as an initial city "beautification fee" of $10,000 were just not on our radar. We sought legal advice just to get an idea of what to prepare for and those few emails and phone calls ended up being around $2000. A good article from Forbes (click here).

There are several small business start up organizations, private and government, that can help you in the start up process (click here). We have a small gym located in a small strip mall that has 1 foam floor, a trampoline, foam pit, a tumble track, a couple of wedge mats, and octagon trainer mat.

I highly suggest you speak with any new small business owner in your specific area. While the business equipment and supplies are obvious needs to prepare for, it is often the local city and state requirements that blindside you. We looked into opening a business several years ago, and things such as an initial city "beautification fee" of $10,000 were just not on our radar. We sought legal advice just to get an idea of what to prepare for and those few emails and phone calls ended up being around $2000. A good article from Forbes (click here).
Thank you!

Go to Victory. That should give you a good idea on pricing for whatever you may need. Stay away from Tiffin. A vast majority of the industry has had problems with them.

Back