Have You Ever Acted Like A Crazy Cheer Mom & Done Something You Regretted?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Keep_Believing, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We cheer at a great cheer gym, but their is one girl there who has bullied both of my girls (and other girls) at the gym for over 4 years now. I have tried everything I can think of to make it better. Sometimes it gets better for a few weeks, but then it all starts up again. After another incident of bullying I lost it. I felt like a mother Bear going into protective, attack mode. I went out onto the floor while the Coach was conditioning the girls and confronted the girl. She lied & downplayed the incident. But, now I feel awful for the way I handled it. I should never go out on the floor & interrupt practice. In addition I should not have confronted a child in that manner. Although she can be very cruel she is only 13 years old. I did apologize to the Coach after. She understandably did not seem happy with me. I am a teacher and would also be very upset if someone interrupted my classroom & acted like this. I am embarrassed about how I handled it, but all I know to do now is apologize and learn from my mistake.

2. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    If nothing was being done after 4 years, I'd be mad too. Although your actions may not have been well thought out, I think we can all agree that you were merely protecting your girls.

3. Tealxblack25

Tealxblack25 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Im sure they respect your apology, you cant help what your instincts tell you to do. As for the bullying going on for 4 years? kind of 4 years too long.. should have been put to an end the first day it came about ! Best of Luck to you. Dont let one moment haunt you ! <3

4. TheVipersMom

TheVipersMom Biggest (stalker) Fan '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'm sure we all have done things, crazy cheer mom related and later regret it. All you can do is move forward! Although you feel bad about the incident maybe it will scare the girl a little bit so we can hope it stops for good! Good luck and don't stress to much over it:)

5. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Thanks, I appreciate all the kind words & encouragement.

6. cheercurl

cheercurl Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Apologize but explain where you were coming from...it doesn't sound like the coach is aware of whats been going on??? Then you need to let it go...I know that is easier said then done. I hate being deliberately unkind even if it felt justified...but sometimes I just can't help it. :oops:

7. taytaydaubs

taytaydaubs Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    taytaydaubs
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Hey, maybe it actually will make the girl realize how she treats people and will cause her to change...well hopefully :)

8. Mamarazzi

Mamarazzi Ultimate Grand Supreme '12 Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Claws out, call 'em out - those are your babies! No bullying should be allowed, ever, let alone for 4 years! Agreed with cheercurl , let it go now. It happened, you can't change it.

9. ellen495

ellen495 Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    I agree with everyone. Talk to the coach. Bullying can't be tolerated. Just because you handled it wrong doesn't mean you did something dreadful - forgive yourself and move forward with the important stuff - getting the situation resolved.

10. mybabywantstotumble

mybabywantstotumble Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    ooooh child, this girl must have really pissed you off for you to lose it like that!

but as my husband says "now they know not to mess with you or your cp!" ;)

11. czy4cheer

czy4cheer Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    You were protecting your CP and you have apologized to the coach-just move forward.

Had you spoken with the coach or the owners about the incidents? In the gym that we're at there is a girl who was always making negative comments to the younger girls and a couple of the parents spoke to the owner and the girl was warned to stop or she would be off the team-she's been doing really well now.

12. Trolldance

Trolldance Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    The things we have to do to protect our children aren't always pretty. I'm a pretty calm person, but I've definitely had my moments when I felt my child was being treated poorly.

13. mommy2mygirls

mommy2mygirls I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I have had my moments...which were not pretty either but, have apologized when necessary. It happens.... let it go, don't let it eat at you.

14. Mom2Cheergirls

Mom2Cheergirls I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I would let go what you did, but just curious when you apologized to the coach did you tell her what has been going on for 4 years? If not I think touching base to address the matter that caused your behavior would be worthwhile. There may be a whole lot more going on with that child that the coach can't share with you, but regardless the coach should have the environment feel safe and positive for all girls.

15. Keep_Believing

Keep_Believing Moderator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    Twitter:
    stormydakota
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I did apologize. The Coach still seemed upset. Yes, she knows the problem is long & on going. I and many other parenst have complained. It is difficult because she is nice in front of the coaches, talented, and a hard worker, but she can also be very cruel from name calling (unibrow), to put downs (you are hidden in the back row because you can't jump or dance at all), to mean comments (your dad isn't around because you are a loser), to pushing and stepping on feet while saying it is an accident. But, she is very smart & sneaky. She doesn't say these things when the Coaches can hear & she lies (even when there are several kid witnesses). I have thought about buying my 2 cp's a small voice activated tape recorder. They have cheered for 5 years and she is the only girls that they have had a bullying problem with. The rest of their team mates are very kind and supportive.