All-Star Have You Ever Acted Like A Crazy Cheer Mom & Done Something You Regretted?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
We cheer at a great cheer gym, but their is one girl there who has bullied both of my girls (and other girls) at the gym for over 4 years now. I have tried everything I can think of to make it better. Sometimes it gets better for a few weeks, but then it all starts up again. After another incident of bullying I lost it. I felt like a mother Bear going into protective, attack mode. I went out onto the floor while the Coach was conditioning the girls and confronted the girl. She lied & downplayed the incident. But, now I feel awful for the way I handled it. I should never go out on the floor & interrupt practice. In addition I should not have confronted a child in that manner. Although she can be very cruel she is only 13 years old. I did apologize to the Coach after. She understandably did not seem happy with me. I am a teacher and would also be very upset if someone interrupted my classroom & acted like this. I am embarrassed about how I handled it, but all I know to do now is apologize and learn from my mistake.

I'm sure we all have done things, crazy cheer mom related and later regret it. All you can do is move forward! Although you feel bad about the incident maybe it will scare the girl a little bit so we can hope it stops for good! Good luck and don't stress to much over it:)

You were protecting your CP and you have apologized to the coach-just move forward.

Had you spoken with the coach or the owners about the incidents? In the gym that we're at there is a girl who was always making negative comments to the younger girls and a couple of the parents spoke to the owner and the girl was warned to stop or she would be off the team-she's been doing really well now.

I would let go what you did, but just curious when you apologized to the coach did you tell her what has been going on for 4 years? If not I think touching base to address the matter that caused your behavior would be worthwhile. There may be a whole lot more going on with that child that the coach can't share with you, but regardless the coach should have the environment feel safe and positive for all girls.

I did apologize. The Coach still seemed upset. Yes, she knows the problem is long & on going. I and many other parenst have complained. It is difficult because she is nice in front of the coaches, talented, and a hard worker, but she can also be very cruel from name calling (unibrow), to put downs (you are hidden in the back row because you can't jump or dance at all), to mean comments (your dad isn't around because you are a loser), to pushing and stepping on feet while saying it is an accident. But, she is very smart & sneaky. She doesn't say these things when the Coaches can hear & she lies (even when there are several kid witnesses). I have thought about buying my 2 cp's a small voice activated tape recorder. They have cheered for 5 years and she is the only girls that they have had a bullying problem with. The rest of their team mates are very kind and supportive.

Back