Help Finding Cheer/gymnastics Facilities In Denmark, Sweden, And Uk?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

randomactsofcheer

Cheer Parent
Feb 10, 2015
Greetings! We are in Denmark right now and will be traveling to London next week. My CP wants me to find somewhere she can go to tumble (either in a class, private lesson, or even open gym) while we are here (we leave Monday evening for London). She is 8 and on a level 2 team but working on some level 3 tumbling (back tuck, front punch, etc). We are staying in Helsingor right now. We are here on vacation and have no set plans, so we don't mind traveling out of the area to a gym. We can just take in some local sights before or after her lesson. We also plan on visiting Sweden (Helsinborg and Malmö areas) sometime in the next few days. And then we will be in London Monday evening through Thursday evening.

If anyone knows of any gyms in these areas, please let me know! I thought CP would enjoy a break while we are here but, of course, now she HAS to tumble before we get back. ;)

London has a few cheerleading teams with gyms so I'd look at places like Surrey Starlets or Unity Allstars although I would maybe contact the owners ahead of time to see if they do open gyms.

In The Malmö Area there are two cheer programs Malmö Allstar Cheer (MAC) and Cheer Infinity Athletics but none of them have there own cheer gyms. actually none of the swedish programs do. so i o not know about tumbling classes and such but i suggest contacting them to see. ill put there webpages down below.

Cheer Infinity Athletics | Facebook This is CIAs facebook. I would post there webpage but its in swedish so better having the facebook.

i cant find a facebook for MAC bust just google it and see what you find.

I do live in the Malmö Area so just PM me if you need sightseeing tips or even a guide! Its the Malmö Festival during next week with start on friday! Its so much fun!

Where in London will you be? I know of several but I'm not sure how active they are at the minutes cause we tend to have a summer break in the UK. Give them a Google and a call to see!

Ascension Eagles train at Talent Central in east London.
Marshals Cheer are based in in Redbridge which is east London/Essex.
Unity are in Morden which is in south London and I've never been to Surrey Starlets but if I remember correctly the program is based in Kingston which is a little further south of the city. All great programs. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I think it mat be better if you let her wait until you get to London! I think she will have a better chance at getting in a gym over there!

@randomactsofcheer
Talent Central in London offer privates, otherwise they usually have an open gym Monday 8-10, Weds 7.30-9.30 and Thurs 7.30-9.30 (I'm not 100% sure those times are still accurate). However they are closed until 19th Aug (first open gym). Also, they might have a lower age limit on open gyms, so it would be worth checking that with them.

Tolworth gymnastics have a "recreational" session on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, but I assume that includes other elements of gymnastics.

Other than those, you're probably best contacting some teams and seeing if they can offer privates/open gyms. I don't believe Unity have started open gyms yet this season, but I think they are offering privates. Ascension Eagles are the team that operates out of Talent Central, so I would guess it's the same contact.

It will partly depend on where in London you're based, as it's a big place and most of the gyms are on the outskirts. Talent Central is east, Tolworth and Unity are south west, but if you let me know what sort of area you're staying in I might know of a gym.

Let me know if you need a hand getting any contact details!

Sorry for the delayed response!

@Miialovescheer Thank you for the advice! I am going to try to find a gym to her in London. I think we will be in Malmö today or Sunday if you have any tips? I heard the festival is awesome, which is why I waited until this weekend to go!

@Pip22 @Ren Thank you for the information! I emailed these gyms but haven't heard back from them yet. I believe our hotel is in Soho.

Sorry for the delayed response!

@Miialovescheer Thank you for the advice! I am going to try to find a gym to her in London. I think we will be in Malmö today or Sunday if you have any tips? I heard the festival is awesome, which is why I waited until this weekend to go!

The festival is the big tip then maybe the museum and the big park called Folkets Park and also maybe the beach called Ribersborg or Ribban. the museum can you maybe skip now that is so hot. malmö is called the city of parks in sweden so just check out the different parks. you can google malmö and parks. other than that i cant give you much tips but hoping that it helps at least a little.

Just a heads up on Denmark(I think, not 100% sure), and Sweden, there's no such thing as spring floor. If you're lucky there's tumble track/air track, but I wouldn't expect it!

Back