Help For A New Flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

GeauxTeam

Cheer Parent
Feb 28, 2012
My nine year-old CP has only cheered for this year but is very interested in continuing. Is it better for me to invest in some equipment to help her practice flying or is a paint can OK?

Thanks for your advice!

Sorry but I don't have a history of cheer ~ do I want a full paint can to help it stay stable or is the point to keep the empty paint can stable?

Thanks!

Have her stretch every day and work on her core muscles. Is she a flyer right now or are you looking into the future?

I agree on the pain can. And definitely have her stretch every day while she's watching TV, doing homework, anything.

The paint can works great for balance - I love it! :) Although I admit I couldn't find one around the house the other day so I stood on a can of soup instead. It was going fine until I pulled my scorp and the can exploded beneath me... and I had to explain to my family which my bedroom carpet is now the colour of pumpkin soup :S LOL

The paint can works great for balance - I love it! :) Although I admit I couldn't find one around the house the other day so I stood on a can of soup instead. It was going fine until I pulled my scorp and the can exploded beneath me... and I had to explain to my family which my bedroom carpet is now the colour of pumpkin soup :S LOL

Awesome

Not to sound dumb but can someone explain this drill because after reading about a soup can exploding I'm laughing and a little confused. lol

Not to sound dumb but can someone explain this drill because after reading about a soup can exploding I'm laughing and a little confused. lol
lol it was pretty funny but very messy!
i can't find an exact video of the drills using a paint (or soup) can, but this video gives you an idea with a piece of equipment that is actually designed for practicing stunts.
you just do the same thing, basically step up on the can as if it was your bases hands, and they you can pull your lines etc. when you are starting out i would do it close to a wall so that you can lean against it if you are wobbly. also take care to go slowly when you step onto the can when starting out, because if you fall you can hurt your ankle. i hope that helps :)

Back