Help With Flying?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 21, 2011
Hey!

I've been a flyer 98% of my "cheerleading" life. I would say I'm pretty skilled at it but I had to base this year due to the midgets on our squad this year. (4'10 at age 12 is CRAZY!) I want to fly for high school cheer if I make it and I'm worried I've lost my magic. I'm considering taking a co-ed stunt class at my gym for a few weeks to see if that would help with technique with staying tight, balancing, pulling things, and getting used to being in the air again. Do you think this would help or be a huge waste of time because it's co-ed and not the same?

All help is appreciated!

I think it would help! Getting back into practice is a great thing no matter who is basing! Good luck!

I think it'd be a great thing. Whether it's coed or allgirl you'll keep getting better and gaining strenth.

Also, if you have the opportunity, maybe take a basic ballet class over the summer as well. It's a great place to work on your strength, precision, and balance.

Thank you! Do any of you have tips on getting a scorpian? I'm SO close but just not there yet.

yes def go for it. just remember not to rely on the co-ed bases as much because you wont have them for your regular team. hope this helps :)

Back