All-Star Help with full

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2023
I’ve been working on my full for a while. My layout is very solid when it’s by itself but when I try and twist it’s like my whole body breaks it’s hollow shape and it’s really hard for me in the air to keep my layout shape while twisting. Does anyone have any drills or tips that can help?

keep repping drills on tramp i think, and maybe try and work on aerial awareness and halves and 3/4, and getting comfortable twisting then fixing shape

When my daughter was learning the coach suggested working on over rotating the landing on a layout to develop awareness of where her feet were. She also drilled the twist shape onto a mat - I think it seems so much harder to get a full if you are not a flyer - keep practicing, you will get there 😊

Make sure you set before you twist. So in your head think set, pull. Really ride your set & get it as high as possible before you initiate the twist. The full is literally the exact same thing as a layout except your pulling in your arms and head, think of it that way

Back