High School Help with theme for tipoff dance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
Every year, the squad I coach, does a boy-girl dance where the cheerleaders and the varsity boys do a dance together. The first year we did an opposite theme so if the girls danced to Girls Girls Girls by Motley crue the boys did bad boys. Last year we did movie themes with them dancing to Timewarp (Rocky Horror Picture Show) both groups, then the girls did Dancing Queen (Mamma Mia), boys followed with Stayin Alive, etc.
It's not a real serious dance as they have fun with it and occasionally throw in some stunts and use props. It's more of a fun dance, but I'm stuck on a theme this year. The girls have thrown out the idea of doing "Pitch Perfect" but i'm not sure the guys would be into that. Another suggested Michael Jackson.
Any help would be awesome. The entire school and fans look forward to this and I want it to be good, just so hard to continue to out do yourself every year!! Thank you !! : )

My school's dance team did something similar, but never had a theme. It was always just popular songs that all the students would dance and sing along to- Single Ladies, Can't Touch This, Im Sexy and I Know It, etc. All the videos are on youtube if you search "Kearney High School Golden Boys" Sorry this doesn't really help with the theme ideas, but maybe you don't need a theme! As long as it is fun and upbeat everyone will love it! Good luck!

The Fierce Board App!

My school's dance team did something similar, but never had a theme. It was always just popular songs that all the students would dance and sing along to- Single Ladies, Can't Touch This, Im Sexy and I Know It, etc. All the videos are on youtube if you search "Kearney High School Golden Boys" Sorry this doesn't really help with the theme ideas, but maybe you don't need a theme! As long as it is fun and upbeat everyone will love it! Good luck!

The Fierce Board App!
Love the video's, just too cute!! Thanks for sharing them, it gives me some ideas!! : )

Pitch Perfect is honestly a really cute idea!! You could do an 80's/rock n roll theme, a 50's sock hop theme, Disney theme, boyband theme (would be really funny!), Broadway, a car theme (Life Is a Highway, etc)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Good News!! The music is all done!! We combined several different themes and made it work so our line-up is:
Jump Around (Seniors only), I'm too Sexy (boys), Whoomp there it is (girls), Can't touch this (all), Bye Bye Bye (boys), Spice up your life (girls), Right stuff (all), Ridin Dirty (boys), Car Wash (girls), and Paradise by the dashboard light (all). Took some creative music editing but it's all done. Can't wait til tip off so I can post a video!! :)
Thank you so much!!

Back