For Parents Hey Parents... Introduce Yourself!

Dec 28, 2009
California
Role:
Coach
Former gym owner turned school coach and now all star cheer mom... My daughter was born on these boards, and now she's in her first year of real, elite all star and a little tumbling machine.

I've been here since ProX days, but I lurk mostly until I come out during Worlds weekend full force and abandon my family and all responsibilities. Being on the mom side sure is different. I paid FORTY DOLLARS to watch my kid this weekend... My first time paying to get into a competition. No access to placements or scores... It was brutal. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this guys.

goddessmommy

Cheer Parent
Apr 1, 2013
Dallas
cowgirlsweartiarastoo.wordpress.com
Role:
Parent
Haven’t been in here in awhile! Used to read everything posted lol i joined when CP was a tiny, she’s a Y1 now and alternate for a J3 (she had her choice but wanted at least 1 year in an elite Y1)

She went from being “meh I like it” about cheer to needing to be at the gym every day lol in fact, she’s joining the new A&T team her gym is starting this week!

DropAndRun

Cheer Parent
Sep 9, 2012
Kernersville, NC
Role:
Parent
I’m late but that should be a surprise to no one. I’m not super active anymore but my “Droplet” was quite literally raised on Fierceboard and my tribe of lifelong cheer friends who have kept me alive for 11 seasons of this nonsense 😉 was formed here. We started our cheer life in the Midwest but now live in the Raleigh, NC area.

It’s hard to believe, but we are in our final few years of allstar now, since that little mini aged kiddo I showed up here with is now 16 and a sophomore in high school.

Droplet has been on all levels and in all age groups but most recently has called the small senior 6 division home. She came up through the youth 5 and junior 5 (6 now.. but we didn’t call it that back then) divisions and is still a tried and true gym rat. Cheer has been her whole life since kindergarten.

I am a former professional athlete and coach of a sport that is basically the polar opposite of cheer (I retired when we moved) and am currently working as a paralegal while working toward a law degree.

Members online