High School High School Videos 18/19

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
@Sterling von Shimmer - looks like they all have recent-ish videos:

United South HS - not sure if this is the United you were looking for.

Westlake:

Houston:

Thank you so much!

I meant United High, but I love me some United South (they do NCA). They’re the way an HS NT team should look.

Westlake has had a rough four years since their last win in 2015. They were THAT team whose choreography you saw across all divisions the following year. I hope they can at least claw their way into finals this weekend.

And on that note, looks like Houston is ready for a three-peat.

State champ coed team also from IL:

Okay I'm confused. You can only do a front handspring up to a load because it has a half turn right? So why is their inversion before the 1.5 around legal? The flyers chest is to the front at the start of the dip, so if it doesn't "twist" half a turn she would land facing the back. I get that it basically goes over the side like a cartwheel, but based on how varsity interpreted inversions shouldn't it have been illegal?

On an unrelated note: OMG how does one school district have this many good cheer athletes? It's ridiculous the tumbling and coed stunting they have.

Edit: HOLY BASKETS AND PYRAMID BATMAN

Last edited:
Okay I'm confused. You can only do a front handspring up to a load because it has a half turn right? So why is their inversion before the 1.5 around legal? The flyers chest is to the front at the start of the dip, so if it doesn't "twist" half a turn she would land facing the back. I get that it basically goes over the side like a cartwheel, but based on how varsity interpreted inversions shouldn't it have been illegal?

On an unrelated note: OMG how does one school district have this many good cheer athletes? It's ridiculous the tumbling and coed stunting they have.

Edit: HOLY BASKETS AND PYRAMID BATMAN

Rules are left open to the interpretation of the sanctioning organization. So, while varsity may have interpreted that inversion to meet the definition of a “twist” at NHSCC (I don’t know if they did or not, more or less just making an example), the state sanctioning this competition might not have interpreted it that way. That’s why it’s good to send a video on anything gray-area-ish.

Could also have been “missed.” Teams this weekend at NHSCC were getting legalities on skills they had performed in previous competitions, even UCA competition.

Med D1 Champ - Live Oak:

2nd Place in Super Varsity D2 - Bulitt East:

Super Varsity D1 Champ - Westlake:

Super Varsity D2 Champ - Bishop McCort:

Back