High School High School Videos 21-22

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
Not sure what the state of high school cheer looks like across the country but hopefully there will be videos so we can post them here.

Lambert (Georgia) -

St. James (Either North Carolina or South Carolina I can’t remember)

I was going to say... this is nothing like our high school.
South Carolina hs cheer is crazy! If I can find a video of Lexington or Chapin this year I will post it…. It’s unreal how some of these hs are like level 6 allstar teams

Where are they pulling kids from? Good feeder AS program or middle school?
Both! We are allowed to pull kids from 7/8 grade to hs teams, we also from good allstar gyms in the areas! A lot of programs on sc that are amazing only pull like 1 or 2 middle schoolers because they have built the talent where there middle school feeder program has layouts across the board, JV has so may fulls and varsity has like 15 2 to fulls

That is awesome! The HS my daughter will go to has an issue with AllStar cheerleading - they won’t work will the schedule so you can’t do both. I think it is silly- they are losing out on great talent.

Both! We are allowed to pull kids from 7/8 grade to hs teams, we also from good allstar gyms in the areas! A lot of programs on sc that are amazing only pull like 1 or 2 middle schoolers because they have built the talent where there middle school feeder program has layouts across the board, JV has so may fulls and varsity has like 15 2 to fulls
I like that. In NJ it's tough to pull from AS because the competition seasons are the same. Generally, it's one or the other up here.

I’ve found that when schools and all star programs can work together to share athletes, everyone benefits.

The issue is everyone wants their program to be the priority and make kids choose.

It works so much better when you can agree that at different times of the year, different programs will be priority and try to be flexible.

Ex: Knowing and understanding that certain things are “can’t miss” events and certain things are not priority.

For example, maybe HS camp is a priority but they can miss one BB game if headed to an AS comp. Or of course AS choreo is a priority but they can skip one day a month of tumbling class for HS regionals.

I like that. In NJ it's tough to pull from AS because the competition seasons are the same. Generally, it's one or the other up here.
Yes it’s very nice as it aloweds athletes to do both! My coach hs always said you can leave 30 mins early to be 30 mins late to AS practice, meaning it’s equal. Most people understand that it’s ok to miss an AS practice for a hs comp, or vice versa. Our comp seaosn is over by beginning of December and allstars really doesn’t start till November so theres not to much overlapping.
Edited to add- basketball cheer is a separate seaosn here also. You have to cheer football and comp, but basketball has separate tryouts and you don’t have to do it, which is nice because then those winter moths are free for just allstar cheer

Not sure what the state of high school cheer looks like across the country but hopefully there will be videos so we can post them here.

Lambert (Georgia) -

St. James (Either North Carolina or South Carolina I can’t remember)

I think it’s sad how many states don’t let their teams go to nationals. That first team would blow many past UCA champs out of the water.

Back