Hips Hurting In Split?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 3, 2010
So I've been stretching a lot and just doing conditioning. I'm doing good with everything except my splits. My hips like pop which makes my splits hurt more then they are supposed to and makes it almost impossible to stay in them. What do I do about this or is this just normal? I don't remember it ever hurting like that.

All the girls on my teams hips pop. As far as I know, this is totally normal. Maybe popping them before getting into a split would help.

alright, i thought i was crazy or something. i usually pop them before flying but i'm going to try and just do it before i do anything. especially splits

I was going to say go to a doctor lol...but that works too ^ :) Lol I say "go to a doctor" in everything because I wouldn't know what to do haha:) Tell those hips who's boss!

I have to rotate my hips out to do a split. Most girls hips don't go straight out they have to rotate hence why they say to rotate during your toetouches. when you go into your split make sure you stretch out your hips first and then as your going down into your split lean forward and then sit back into it when you get as close to the ground as possible. That's how I got mine to work and not be painful. Eventually your body will naturally rotate and you won't feel anything pain at all.

I have never had this problem but now i do :( it hurts really really bad until i stretch it out everyday. And then it continues to hurt if i dont constantly stretch (meaning do splits every ten minutes). Its weird because its my right hip! Do you think its out of place? Thats how it feels. And i cant seem to pop it back. There feels like there is MAJOR tension there and i just want it gone!! Its making me loose flexibility :(

Back