Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
cheer-recognized.png

Historic Day for Cheerleading! USA Cheer is officially recognized by the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee! USA Cheer joins the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic family as a member of the USOPC Affiliate Organizations Council. #USACheer #USOPC

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this actually does anything… looking at the other sports listed- kickboxing, cricket, dance, etc- probably not much. But anytime someone’s considering cheerleading a sport, that is good. Surprised to see a relatively mainstream sport on there, lacrosse, being added too, thought that would have been recognized a long time ago.

I wonder if this actually does anything… looking at the other sports listed- kickboxing, cricket, dance, etc- probably not much. But anytime someone’s considering cheerleading a sport, that is good. Surprised to see a relatively mainstream sport on there, lacrosse, being added too, thought that would have been recognized a long time ago.

Yeah, only time will tell.

Lacrosse was in the Olympics in 1904 and 1908. It also was a demonstration sport a few times. It's trying to become an Olympic sport again.

Back