All-Star History Of Divisions At Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 12, 2011
Hi everyone!

As a former Allstar cheerleader, I used to read fierce board quite often. I haven't been on in a few years, but I have a cheer-related question and am posting in the hopes that someone can help me find the info I'm looking for. I'm currently a freshman in college, and I'm writing a final paper that intends to analyze if Allstar cheerleading is becoming a more gender-neutral sport. I have been searching for the history of the divisions at Worlds (so that I can get an estimate of the number of male participants), but I haven't been able to find complete records from 2004-2017.
If anyone knows where I could find a description of the divisions included at every championship (or if there's data about the number of males who competed), please share!

Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum, and thank you for any help!

Hi everyone!

As a former Allstar cheerleader, I used to read fierce board quite often. I haven't been on in a few years, but I have a cheer-related question and am posting in the hopes that someone can help me find the info I'm looking for. I'm currently a freshman in college, and I'm writing a final paper that intends to analyze if Allstar cheerleading is becoming a more gender-neutral sport. I have been searching for the history of the divisions at Worlds (so that I can get an estimate of the number of male participants), but I haven't been able to find complete records from 2004-2017.
If anyone knows where I could find a description of the divisions included at every championship (or if there's data about the number of males who competed), please share!

Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum, and thank you for any help!

Try Wikipedia. It list ever winner and division top 3 results.

This might be a good place to start, full results of every Worlds
Big Worlds Spreadsheet

I don't remember exactly how many boys were allowed on each team when it was originally just called "Senior Coed" in that first year, it was more a combination of all the divisions.
2005-2011 divisions (semi-limited was added in 2010)
Large Coed/Unlimited Coed usually had up to 23-24 boys, though really only the top teams had this many, the average was probably closer to 16-18.
Limited Coed (both small and large) was up to 4 boys.
Semi-Limited Coed was up to 12 boys.

The current senior divisions are (2012-present):
Small coed: up to 4 boys
Medium coed: up to 8 boys (though was 6 for the first 2 years - 2012 and 2013)
Large coed: up to 18 boys

Then for international:
International Coed 5/Large International Coed 5 is up to 12 boys
International Coed 6/Large International Coed 6 was 12 boys up until 2012? or so, now it is 15
Small IOC5/Small IOC6 is up to 4 boys.

But not every team in each of these divisions had the max number of boys every year

Back