All-Star Hosting Pictures

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I'm playing with the idea of.hosting images on Fierce. The big draw is you could upload from your phone. But I'd have to limit size and what not. What do people thing?

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

I'm playing with the idea of.hosting images on Fierce. The big draw is you could upload from your phone. But I'd have to limit size and what not. What do people thing?

I think you're brave for even suggesting the idea. ;)

Personally, I think there are enough free image hosting sources, including ones that you can access via a mobile phone, that we don't need our own. Especially since it'll increase bandwidth usage on this site. At a minimum, you'd probably want to limit the size and the number of pictures someone could upload. And certainly no hotlinking.

But I'm just a voice in the wilderness sometimes.

the size would be limited. but being able to post via your phone is VERY nice. maybe ill just talk to the app people to make it eaiser to upload to imageshack or something and then post pics.

If yall wanna see a WHOLE lot more "see how cute my (janky) heel stretch is in the mirror" pics, by all means ;) Actually, seeing as how I'm on my p.o.s. blackberry on here a lot, it would be WAY easier for me, but whatever works for the majority and the convenience with admin stuff is fine by me.

kingston said:
the size would be limited. but being able to post via your phone is VERY nice. maybe ill just talk to the app people to make it eaiser to upload to imageshack or something and then post pics.

I was just thinking yesterday that I wish it was like Twitter. Idiot proof so even I can post pics lol!

If you could set it up with albums.. Like NCA, UCA, Worlds, etc.. so people could post and upload to groups or albums. Like the cheer library for music but pictures instead.

No albums. More like twitter photo sharing.

it would make it sooo much easier to share photos! i think we need our own fierceboard app though:)

I have looked into it. It would cost $900 for our own app.

Oh wow. Well maybe if we all donated a little then it could happen. Theres soooo many of us! 5 dollars each or something wouldn't be too hard!

I'm down for donating 5$.
It would be so cool if we had are own app and could upload pics straight to the boards! It would also alleviate all those unwanted questions such as the one I posted and others have about not being able to upload pics or knowing how! Haha

if we had are own app we could have push notifications where I'd get a little pop up everytime I get shimmied, quoted, messaged, or tagged in a post instead of me having to hopelessly reload the dashboard every few mins to see if I got any notifications hahah
Just saying!

OK just saying if there ends up being a fierceboard app I'll be forced to get a smartphone with data plan lol. I know I'm still in the dark ages :confused:

Back