How To Approach Cheer Gyms, Coaches Etc...

How do you obtain your music for competitions?

• Online Cheer Music Company

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Local Music Producer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do it myself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Forella

Original Poster
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit MI
www.icutmusic.com
Role:
Music Mixer
Hello everyone. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in but this looked like the best one. I'm a DJ/Music Producer that has dove into the cheer world last year. I started a little late and missed the ball. Most teams had their mixes already. I did manage to snag a few though!

I'm looking to gather some local clients and was wondering if any coaches/ gym owners had any advice on how to approach them. Should I call or just send an email? I don't want to undercut any other music mixers but I have pretty much mastered my music program and can make them fairly quickly which can result in a lower price.

I also put up a poll to see how most teams get their music done.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Justin

BBinNCsMom

Cheer Parent
Feb 21, 2014
Over the rainbow
Role:
Parent
I would think now would be a good time to at least get your foot in the door. Maybe emailing first with a sample track of your work. If you don't hear back, follow up with a phone call to the owner or business manager a couple of weeks later. It would probably be best to start with smaller gyms and get a clientele base before moving to larger gyms.

Disclaimer: I'm just a cheer parent, but run a small business. This is how I would like the be approached and how I would conduct my business for expansion.

Best of luck to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KPep

Justin Forella

Original Poster
Jan 11, 2016
Detroit MI
www.icutmusic.com
Role:
Music Mixer
I would think now would be a good time to at least get your foot in the door. Maybe emailing first with a sample track of your work. If you don't hear back, follow up with a phone call to the owner or business manager a couple of weeks later. It would probably be best to start with smaller gyms and get a clientele base before moving to larger gyms.

Disclaimer: I'm just a cheer parent, but run a small business. This is how I would like the be approached and how I would conduct my business for expansion.

Best of luck to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great input! I'm going to run with this advice. Thank you! =)

Aug 24, 2016
Chicago
Role:
Coach
Here are a few things we would suggest:

1. Compile an email list in mail chimp and send out an email blast regarding your services.

2. Respectfully approach coaches face-to-face.

3. Find and contact coaches and athletic directors through linkedIN

I hope you find these methods helpful.

The CheerTD Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts