How To Get Started In College Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 12, 2019
I want to do male cheerleading during college and was wondering what I can do to get me up to speed. Im in the Army National Guard and will be doing one station unit training at Fort Benning for 16 weeks because I have a 11 bravo MOS. I dont have any prior experience in cheerleading but I want to do it in college because it helps get points up in ROTC for doing a college sport so I can get a Active duty infantry officer slot, it will also help keep me in shape, and it just looks like fun. I have about a year before I go to college which will give me time to prepare for try outs. Hopefully, some of you can point me in the right direction to get me started.

Almost any college with a coed team needs guys, so you don't need experience. But if you are looking to do any preparation I would contact the local all star gyms in your area and see if you can join some tumbling and stunt classes. I'm not sure where you are from, but some gyms may not have any options for you - if not then go to the clinics hosted by the colleges you are interested in.

Almost any college with a coed team needs guys, so you don't need experience. But if you are looking to do any preparation I would contact the local all star gyms in your area and see if you can join some tumbling and stunt classes. I'm not sure where you are from, but some gyms may not have any options for you - if not then go to the clinics hosted by the colleges you are interested in.

Im from Mississippi so im not entirely sure what all star gyms are the best. Ill for sure ask around.

Back