All-Star How Would The All Star Community Feel About This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2020
How would you feel if USASF sanctioned end of the year competitions like this:

One true Nationals(à la NCA or Summit) at the end of the season. You have to win a bid to get there. This national competition would be for junior level 3 and and up. Youth/lower levels can have US Finals/whatever smaller regional “nationals” as their end of season comp(ideally it wouldn’t be called nationals). Then there would be a couple of regional competitions where you can earn a bid to nationals throughout the country. Worlds would be unaffected both USASF and IASF divisions.

The competition would obviously have to be either held by big V or USASF itself.

I know the cheer industry’s current state doesn’t really allow this, because USASF falls short as a governing body in a lot of ways. However, my question is would the population be okay with this? Do you think parents will be okay with Suzie not winning Summit levels 1-5 and then Worlds for 6 years at level 6? Is this something coaches and gym owners would want or allow? Is this the direction we’re heading in? Is it the direction you want AS to head in?

Just my quarantine curiousity getting the best of me.

How would you feel if USASF sanctioned end of the year competitions like this:

One true Nationals(à la NCA or Summit) at the end of the season. You have to win a bid to get there. This national competition would be for junior level 3 and and up. Youth/lower levels can have US Finals/whatever smaller regional “nationals” as their end of season comp(ideally it wouldn’t be called nationals). Then there would be a couple of regional competitions where you can earn a bid to nationals throughout the country. Worlds would be unaffected both USASF and IASF divisions.

The competition would obviously have to be either held by big V or USASF itself.

I know the cheer industry’s current state doesn’t really allow this, because USASF falls short as a governing body in a lot of ways. However, my question is would the population be okay with this? Do you think parents will be okay with Suzie not winning Summit levels 1-5 and then Worlds for 6 years at level 6? Is this something coaches and gym owners would want or allow? Is this the direction we’re heading in? Is it the direction you want AS to head in?

Just my quarantine curiousity getting the best of me.

In our province, we already work this way with RSEQ (school teams) and FCQ (all-star and school). I have never heard complaints. Everyone goes to regionals and top 3 (or so) of each region goes to provincials. With Cheer Canada and cheerleading getting recognized as a sport in provinces, no doubt a true national championship is coming.

In our province, we already work this way with RSEQ (school teams) and FCQ (all-star and school). I have never heard complaints. Everyone goes to regionals and top 3 (or so) of each region goes to provincials. With Cheer Canada and cheerleading getting recognized as a sport in provinces, no doubt a true national championship is coming.
In the US, there is this kind of setup for high school cheerleading, but not all star!

Back