I Can't Get My Middle Splits?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 1, 2015
I've been working very hard for hours to get my middle splits form weeks! Do you have any tips? I'm stretching past my comfort zone and see no improvement!

I've been working very hard for hours to get my middle splits form weeks! Do you have any tips? I'm stretching past my comfort zone and see no improvement!
Stop rushing. Have a stretching session at least once per day and hold each stretch for 15-30 secs at a time. When you overstretch your muscles, your brain assumes that you are being injured and it tightens your muscles even further. Even Gabi Butler (watch her stretching videos) to WAY longer than a few hours to get her straddle.

I'm going to be nice because you're new, but I have to be honest; you sound like those girls whose comments I read under cheer videos on YouTube that say "i need to make my middle school [or high school] cheer team how do i get a backflip by friday help please??? thanksss"

It not going to happen. At least not overnight. Rushing will not hinder any progress you might make.

Remember to qarm up before you stretch. Take deep breaths when you stretch, it helps relax the muscle.

And most of all: give it time. Some people get flexible faster because of the way their body is made. So you can't compare. Give all the time your body need.

Stop rushing. Have a stretching session at least once per day and hold each stretch for 15-30 secs at a time. When you overstretch your muscles, your brain assumes that you are being injured and it tightens your muscles even further. Even Gabi Butler (watch her stretching videos) to WAY longer than a few hours to get her straddle.

I'm going to be nice because you're new, but I have to be honest; you sound like those girls whose comments I read under cheer videos on YouTube that say "i need to make my middle school [or high school] cheer team how do i get a backflip by friday help please??? thanksss"

It not going to happen. At least not overnight. Rushing will not hinder any progress you might make.
Excuse you. I used to have my middle splits and the last time I got them, it took me two weeks.

Back