All-Star Iasf 2019-2020 Levels 1 To...7?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do y'all think USASF will follow these changes?
I'd say no.
I'm ok with changing the numbers, because that's really all that is doing. It's not like a new level was created, and it does make more sense to have some kind of consistency in level names. I'm not ok with R5 (or the new level 5) being at Worlds. Though (for now) that would just be under IASF. Which makes me really, really happy (and hoping it stays this way) that USASF created their own open divisions. And I'm thinking the rule changes that they hinted at will make me feel that way even more.

I wonder if they will eventually have IASF and USASF held on different weekends.

Do y'all think USASF will follow these changes?
yes. Not sure if you saw the tweet posted after the original tweet showing the new levels was deleted, but it tagged @USASF_ISAF and stated that explanations would be coming soon. Last year I recall USASF stating they were transitioning to ISAF - I'm pretty sure they took their website off line for a bit last year and there was just ISAF, but with so much back and forth from them I can't be positive of that. We all know the industry is gearing toward universal, international rules and competition because of the Olympic status. I'm guessing this will be the new normal for cheer.
With an additional AL bid for both NT and level 5R, I can't imagine what Worlds will look like in 2020. I'm glad I won't need to worry about it.

If USASF uses these guidelines the XS or large divisions as they exist today would be eliminated for worlds divisions. Only two AG divisions and five coed divisions for level 5 as we know it/what will become level 6.
If I counted right, there are 15 worlds divisions on the IASF grid. I can not imagine that Worlds will also host the USASF divisions as we know them today.

Last edited:
I wish they would all announce everything and end the speculation.

@luv2cheer92 and @quitthedrama you both have differing opinions on USASF doing this. I'd like to hear more from you as to why you feel they will or won't.
I have no reason for my opinion other than past history, the push towards cheer being an Olympic sport and the fact that IASF and USASF have VERY close ties. It wouldn't make sense for the U.S. to continue to have separate divisions and rules if the rest of the world is all following the IASF divisions and rules.

I'd say no.
I'm ok with changing the numbers, because that's really all that is doing. It's not like a new level was created, and it does make more sense to have some kind of consistency in level names. I'm not ok with R5 (or the new level 5) being at Worlds. Though (for now) that would just be under IASF. Which makes me really, really happy (and hoping it stays this way) that USASF created their own open divisions. And I'm thinking the rule changes that they hinted at will make me feel that way even more.
Unfortunately it’s not just a re numbering of levels like it seems to be being promoted as. Much of the detail is in the new rules grid that was sent with the division list. I have been somewhat surprised that there hasn’t been much if any comment about the rules that have been changed for levels 3,4 & new 5. Here’s a sampler:
Level 3- Full up to extended two foot stunt allowed, the rest appears as it was.
Level 4- Reverted back to being able to layout in standing tumbling. 1.5up to extended single leg stunt allowed!
New Level 5- Doesn’t follow current r5 standing tumbling rules: allows 2 to fulls (but not standing or 1 to fulls). Allows double up to extended single leg stunt.
As always it is a source of frustration that no (brief) explanation is given about why these changes are being made when the information is released. I trust it will be explained why the sharp increase in skill level between level 3 & 4 (full up prep lib to a 1.5up extended lib? bhs series to two & one to layouts) and why the back track on the change made to level 4 standing tumbling.

Trying to understand:

LEVEL 5 takes on 5R rules, becomes basically 5R with a few more limitations on tumbling. Eliminates 5R.

Level 6 takes on rules of Level 5

Level 7 takes on rules of Level 6.

Only folks doubling in twisting tumbling are Level 7?

So low to highs are level 4 now and full up extension is level 3 for IASF? I wish they added low to highs and left the spinning rules the same the way they were.

Edit: I read it closer and I don't like the extended rewinds for 6. They should be able to do flipping mounts and dismounts that start and end at prep level and below. IMO The rule should be:
“Flipping mounts must start in contact with the performance surface and end at prep level or below with no spinning. Front flipping dismounts are allowed so long as they start at prep level or below and end in a cradle with no twisting."

That makes way more sense as a progression progression from no flips in level 2, suspended rolls in 3, double braced flips in 4, single braced flips in 5, spinning single braced flips in 6 with beginner unbraced non spinning flips also allowed, and then level 7 starts spinning the flips in baskets and dismounts. That seams more reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Back