All-Star Iasf???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 9, 2016
Hey Guys,

Saw a post by Kenny and lisa (spring tumbling) on changes made by the iasf.
It spoke of different age grids and different divisions (worldwide, but not applicable for everyone).
I didnt now iasf was a thing, i knnow of usasf and icu though.
Can someone explain to me what all the uproar is about?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Saw a post by Kenny and lisa (spring tumbling) on changes made by the iasf.
It spoke of different age grids and different divisions (worldwide, but applicable for everyone).
I didnt now iasf was a thing, i knnow of usasf and icu though.
Can someone explain to me what all the uproar is about?

Thank you!
I didn't read the full press release but I think something about a cap at 16 has caused some drama.

Not a fan of Non-Tumbling divisions. Am I reading right that there is no large senior division as we now know it but there is large coed?
I am assuming these rules and grids will be used at all events at some point - does anyone have any indication of when that will be?

Personally, i would enjoy non tumbling just because i cannot even do a proper cartwheel.
But my coach would never go for it. I also think it very unlikely that we'll be using it in the Netherlands.
Divisions here are small enough as is without adding more, causing there to be 1 team division champions.

Not a fan of Non-Tumbling divisions. Am I reading right that there is no large senior division as we now know it but there is large coed?
I am assuming these rules and grids will be used at all events at some point - does anyone have any indication of when that will be?

I'd think that these standard divisions would be to make things consistent for cheer in the Olympics, right? I can't imagine that it will be in the next few years though. USASF backpedaled so fast on changing senior minimum age from 10-11 and then back to 10 again that I can't imagine them accepting 14 years as the minimum for a senior team anytime soon.

Did you notice that they have a Y5 division and youth goes to 12 years old.

I actually like these changes. My youngest could soar on a team in the non-tumbling division. She will never tumble beyond a cartwheel but loves stunting and dancing.

Does this only apply to countries other than the US and Canada? I'm confused about the 14 and up for the Sr teams - a lot of our SR teams have girls younger than 14 on them.

Does this only apply to countries other than the US and Canada? I'm confused about the 14 and up for the Sr teams - a lot of our SR teams have girls younger than 14 on them.

Their website says that in March of 2016 IASF split off from USASF and will 'move forward on a global course' . So for now, US teams still follow USASF rules. But if IASF is in fact "the worldwide governing authority on cheer" as they say, I cannot see any other course of action but for USASF to eventually ease into their divisions.

From what I know of other sports the only divisions where you have to follow the international rules are the world/international levels. Domestic events can follow your own countries rules. My guess is they outlined all the levels in the hopes that most countries will follow them and make things more consistent.

I actually like non tumbling, it can take the pressure off a team to throw dangerous tumbling even if their stunting is there. Plus someone who never progressed in tumbling can be in a stunt appropriate division.

Back