OT If You Could Move Anywhere In The Us - Where Would You Go?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oct 23, 2013
We are an active duty family and my husband is retiring in a few months. We currently live in the middle of Kansas. We won't be moving anywhere until the school year is over to keep the kids from having to move in the middle of a school year.

If you could move anywhere, where would you go and why?

We talk about this all the time! Somewhere mid southeast where life is more laid back, less costs, and friendlier people Where we live the cost of living is crazy, people are in such a hurry and rude, and u r what u r sometimes based on what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was super ballsy and could leave my family... the Pacific Northwest. If I were wealthy, specifically on the water on Bainbridge Island. I just find the entire PNW to be magical. and my favorite author sets all of her books there which just made me fall in love before ever seeing it.

Alas, my entire extended family has lived in the same town for their and my entire life so I'm not sure I could be the black sheep and do it. (I may or may not be applying for a resident position in Portland, Oregon so we'll see ;) could be a good transition)

I'm a little biased but I love NY so I'd stay here (crazy winters and all). If I relocated it would be to Cosra Rica.

im tired of california its too hot lol, id like to move to reno (my dream college) or boston, a little interesting bc i love the song boston by augustana... makes boston seem sooo beautiful. :D

Catalina Island/Avalon, CA. I haven't changed this as my Facebook header since I took it almost two years ago. I've always wanted to live in southern California. I used to play California by Phantom Planet over and over the second my parents got home from work to inspire them to move but in case no one else was feeling it, I also sent boarding school pamphlets to our house addressed to them :rolleyes:
10873599_10203114122154243_176944099009216469_o.jpg

Hawaii. Not sure which island, since we haven't been to all of them yet, but it's my happy place. I noticed a few weeks ago that they are offering huge signing bonuses for teachers to move there, but I'd have to leave the Husband at home. One day, a long time from now, I will snowbird there every winter.

Hawaii. Not sure which island, since we haven't been to all of them yet, but it's my happy place. I noticed a few weeks ago that they are offering huge signing bonuses for teachers to move there, but I'd have to leave the Husband at home. One day, a long time from now, I will snowbird there every winter.
Huge signing bonuses and you don't even need to be certified. The cost of living there though is very high. Huge meth problems in certain areas as well. Not to pop your Hawaiian bubble!

I'll deal with the cost of living to be living in Hawaii. The American school system would be a challenge, from what I see here, but I've taught in some pretty rough areas before, so that wouldn't be new. They weren't hiring when I first started teaching, otherwise I would have applied. I was looking in the North East (NY, Maryland, Virginia, etc.) pretty seriously though.

When DH retired we found ourselves back 'home' but home in Florida meant great access to the types of schools we wanted, good job opportunities for him and near family. Had we originally gone with where we were thinking, we'd be somewhere in the Oregon/Washington State area. Sometimes I wish we had gotten ballsy and did that and then there are times where I'm glad we didn't. Good luck with your decision, retirement is so exciting!

Back