All-Star Illegal Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 1, 2011
I havent seen a thread made to discuss this issue. To my knowledge there has been a lot of aged out athletes competing on senior teams where the cut off age is clearly 18 years old. I have heard of 19 and 20 year olds on some teams. My question is if the coaches know their athlete is on their second or third super senior year on the team why risk it? Or how do you get past registration where you have to put you're birthdate on the waiver forms etc.. and not get caught? What happends if the A-team wins a competition with a couple 20 year olds and the judges find out does the B-team automatically win? Has that issue ever occured before?

SN: I'm just up for some healthy discussion :)

i feel that maybe they may have alternates so for those competitions that you do have to give your birth certificate they don't complete and the alternates may go in for those. i myself could be a super senior for a year but i do think that if your 19/20 competing against team that have the minimum age girls on that team it may be unfair.

I know last year at a really small local competition and my gyms large senior 1 team went against another team. Apparently, the other team had someone in their early 20's on the team? :confused: The other team was announced as first, but when the people who ran the competition found out later the week after, they stripped the other team of their trophy and announced our gym as the real winner. I will reiterate, this was one of those tiny competition held at a high school so I don't know if this is how it would go everywhere.

If you have proof that this is happening (forged birthcertificates) then I would hope you would contact the USASF with your proof.

Yepp me too... Hmm... Wonder who that is :/
Cheaters are worthless
aaf0no.gif

I think this is part of the reason for USASF Athlete Registration. Everyone at our gym had to submit birth certificates for every athlete, level 1-5. A shady probably wouldn't care if they ever saw their athlete's birth certificates, though...

Or if they did see it and knew they were overage they wouldn't care.

Me too! and I know people on the team who laugh about it like it's no big deal.

Do you have proof that they have faked it? If so then have you contacted the USASF?

I feel like those that know for a fact it is happening and do nothing are just as bad as those in the gym who are doing it because you are allowing them to get away with it. I am pretty sure several people from the USASF have said before that if there is proof something like this is happening to contact them with the proof. Heck if you have proof and don't want to contact them send the info to someone who will.

Do you have proof that they have faked it? If so then have you contacted the USASF?

I feel like those that know for a fact it is happening and do nothing are just as bad as those in the gym who are doing it because you are allowing them to get away with it. I am pretty sure several people from the USASF have said before that if there is proof something like this is happening to contact them with the proof. Heck if you have proof and don't want to contact them send the info to someone who will.
Yes I have seen it. In fact we had several kids at our gym that went to school with an athlete in question and attended birthday parties for the athlete. Everyone knew the athlete's real age - but the accusing gym was viewed as the villian once it was reported.

Latest posts

Back