I'm 23 - Is It Too Late To Start Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 22, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm 23 soon to be 24 and I'm thinking of starting Allstar cheer again. I recently moved to Georgia, about 15 minutes away from the Stingrays gym so I was thinking of going there for tumbling and flying lessons then eventually try out but im so nervous that I'm too old to start all over.

I used to do Allstar cheer when I was 15 in my hometown at a small gym. I wasn't the greatest, I was on a level 2 team for two years. but I LOVED it. I did it up until I was 17 & I got into a very bad car accident that left me with a concussion, two sprained legs and pulled muscles in my back. & on top of that, nobody from the gym reached out to me to ever see if I was ok. In fact, they only reached out to tell my mom that since my recovery was taking so long, I was removed off the team I was placed on that year. I was so incredibly sad and discouraged, and they were the only gym near me at the time, so I just never went back. I ended up losing all of my skills.

I love Stingrays, I have always loved them since I was younger. I drive past their gym everyday on my drive home lol and I always just wanna stop in and join. But I have NO skills anymore. Like, probably just a cartwheel that's about it. I'm actually embarrassed to step into a gym full of so much talent with no skills.

So do you think I could still possibly learn back all my skills & more at such an older age or am I just living in a dream and should just give up?

Hi everyone, I'm 23 soon to be 24 and I'm thinking of starting Allstar cheer again. I recently moved to Georgia, about 15 minutes away from the Stingrays gym so I was thinking of going there for tumbling and flying lessons then eventually try out but im so nervous that I'm too old to start all over.

I used to do Allstar cheer when I was 15 in my hometown at a small gym. I wasn't the greatest, I was on a level 2 team for two years. but I LOVED it. I did it up until I was 17 & I got into a very bad car accident that left me with a concussion, two sprained legs and pulled muscles in my back. & on top of that, nobody from the gym reached out to me to ever see if I was ok. In fact, they only reached out to tell my mom that since my recovery was taking so long, I was removed off the team I was placed on that year. I was so incredibly sad and discouraged, and they were the only gym near me at the time, so I just never went back. I ended up losing all of my skills.

I love Stingrays, I have always loved them since I was younger. I drive past their gym everyday on my drive home lol and I always just wanna stop in and join. But I have NO skills anymore. Like, probably just a cartwheel that's about it. I'm actually embarrassed to step into a gym full of so much talent with no skills.

So do you think I could still possibly learn back all my skills & more at such an older age or am I just living in a dream and should just give up?
I tried out at CA Plano at age 24 with nothing more than a janky RO BHS. I hadn't cheered for nearly 5 years prior to trying out. I had similar hesitations with trying out at my age at such a talented gym while having minimal to no skills, but it was an incredible experience and I am so glad I did it. So I say go for it!

I tried out at CA Plano at age 24 with nothing more than a janky RO BHS. I hadn't cheered for nearly 5 years prior to trying out. I had similar hesitations with trying out at my age at such a talented gym while having minimal to no skills, but it was an incredible experience and I am so glad I did it. So I say go for it!
Thank you

Back