OT Insoles For Ankle Rolling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sep 22, 2016
Hi all!

I have slightly bowed shins (they aren't 100% straight, bow out to the side slightly) which causes my ankles to roll outwards then when I try to correct this my ankles roll the other way. I've heard insoles can help to prevent this. I'm a flyer as well so would have to fit in cheer shoes. Any recommendations would be incredible!

Forget the insoles. Work on ankle strengthening exercises to prevent the rolling. I had ankles that would literally roll-out when I was just walking. I started doing exercises for it after I quit cheer and it's so much better. Go to a physical therapist and get some recommendations. They'll be able to address the ankles and the shins.

Forget the insoles. Work on ankle strengthening exercises to prevent the rolling. I had ankles that would literally roll-out when I was just walking. I started doing exercises for it after I quit cheer and it's so much better. Go to a physical therapist and get some recommendations. They'll be able to address the ankles and the shins.

Hi thanks for the recommendations! I've already been working on strengthening them but haven't seen much improvement and physiotherapy is unfortunately out of my budget :(

Back