Inverted Jump Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 18, 2009
Okay, so i've been trying to make my jumps really inverted for the past couple of days and i was wondering if anyone had any really helpful stretches and conditioning to make them extra high and inverted? Is anyone else trying to make theirs higher as well, what have you been doing?

I mainly need help with toe-touches beacue my pike and hurtlers aren't too shabby!!;)
Here's what it looks like (don't mind my ugly arm placement):
k0lz4x.jpg

If by inverted you mean hyper extended or above level, I'd say all you have to do is practice sitting in it more and rotating your hips even more. If you're doing a certain workout or you did to get your jump that high, I'd add more reps. Your toe touch is already amazing!! But that's all I can personally think of to improve it even more. :)

And on exercises, all I can think of at the moment is hip rotations, but both legs at the same time.

If by inverted you mean hyper extended or above level, I'd say all you have to do is practice sitting in it more and rotating your hips even more. If you're doing a certain workout or you did to get your jump that high, I'd add more reps. Your toe touch is already amazing!! But that's all I can personally think of to improve it even more. :)
thanks lol but i'm trying to make it carzy high and impressive for college cheer tryouts next year. tonight i tried sitting in it more and it helped alot! it gained at least 4 inches :) thankyou for your help!

thanks lol but i'm trying to make it carzy high and impressive for college cheer tryouts next year. tonight i tried sitting in it more and it helped alot! it gained at least 4 inches :) thankyou for your help!

That's awesome!! You're welcome :)

I sit in a straddle and roll my hips forward into middle splits if that makes sense. So sit in a straddle with your legs as far apart as possible, put your chest to the ground, pull yourself forward until your hips rotate into the middle splits. That's how I stretch and it seems to be working! Hope this helps. Really just sit in a straddle/splits for as long as possible till your muscles relax and start stretching. Good luck Halie btw everyone I know loves your bows! :)

I sit in a straddle and roll my hips forward into middle splits if that makes sense. So sit in a straddle with your legs as far apart as possible, put your chest to the ground, pull yourself forward until your hips rotate into the middle splits. That's how I stretch and it seems to be working! Hope this helps. Really just sit in a straddle/splits for as long as possible till your muscles relax and start stretching. Good luck Halie btw everyone I know loves your bows! :)

How long do you hold the position & how many reps. do you do?

okay, i'll try this too! &if it gets too easy i'll put my legs upon panel mats and do like hyperextended splits...owchhh, it hurts just thinking about it haha. &awh thankyou, i'm glad people like them! I love the UA shirt i traded for them, i put rhinestones all over it :)

Back