All-Star IONT6 tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 21, 2022
Does anyone know what is needed for a non tumbling team? Last year I tried out at only one gum, where they mainly focused on toe touches. This year I am hoping to try out for both gums, where the other gym focuses on stunts. I am trying to work on both. Does anyone know what stunts are needed or preferred for IONT6?

Are you trying out as a flyer or a base? The requirements would be different for those positions. Each team/gym is going to have its own preferences, so your best bet will be to reach out to them and ask what they're looking for. But, as far as what I would be looking for (at a minimum):

level/hyperextended jumps
dance/motion technique
ability to base/back worlds level elite stunts
flexibility for all body positions on both legs
kick double basket

I'm trying out as either a base or a back spot.
Then I would make sure you can base/back elite level stunts (twisting skills etc). I would also make sure your jumps are flexible and motions are strong.

At my gym, they didn't actually have us do many advanced stunts for tryouts (I ended up on IONT7). Not sure what the flyer tryouts were like, but the bases didn't try out with anything more difficult than a high to high tiktok and a 180 switch up. Also, jumps and motions. The coaches were really judging on basic technique. More than 3/4 of my team had never done level 7 before and we globed at Worlds, so I guess it worked!

Back