All-Star Is Your Routine Too Long For Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Not too sure if this is general knowledge or not, but it is a bit different than all the other competitions.

At Worlds your routine is REQUIRED to be under 2:30. There is NO grace period. Per the wording if your routine is 2:30.5 you are over and get a 5 point deduction PER JUDGE. The 5 point deduction is for routines 2:30-2:35. Specifically I have Rust's routine at 2:29 (to be safe).

Is this common knowledge? All the other competitions have 3 to 5 second grace periods and lots of them will let the time slide. Does this hurt teams coming to Worlds? Do lots of people know?

Link to rules and page 15 for the time rule:

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds Documents /2011 Cheer Worlds_Registration Packet.pdf

To coaches, if you are not sure, @imrichhowboutu has an official BlackBerry stopwatch he can use to time your routine!

Haha, true! All kidding aside... they are REALLY cracking down on this according to the rule book.

I've never seen anyone give a grace period. My routines are always 2:28 just in case!

Most composer don't start deducting until 2:32 or :33

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Comps. Dang autocorrect.

I dont know about this, from what I know, the stop watches that they use only measure to the second. I realize that the penality says "0-5 seconds over" , however I think your fine if you are at 2:30:99999 seconds. As long as that stop watch doesn't say 2:31, I think you are ok. Again, I could be wrong, but at every competition competition I've ever seen judged, that's how it works. My score sheet two years ago says 2:30, and I don't have a deduction.

Ja-Mez

I wouldn't risk it and wish routine time was universal at all Comps. To lose because of something silly like a routine running over sucks! Winning that way sucks too. May the best Cheer win. Not the one who read the worlds routine time rules better.

I dont know about this, from what I know, the stop watches that they use only measure to the second. I realize that the penality says "0-5 seconds over" , however I think your fine if you are at 2:30:99999 seconds. As long as that stop watch doesn't say 2:31, I think you are ok. Again, I could be wrong, but at every competition competition I've ever seen judged, that's how it works. My score sheet two years ago says 2:30, and I don't have a deduction.

Ja-Mez
I think it would be they only record it to the second... I've never seen a stop watch that doesn't do fractions of a second.
Plus you may want to account for human error and reaction time. Average reaction time is 0.25 seconds.

I think it would be they only record it to the second... I've never seen a stop watch that doesn't do fractions of a second.
Plus you may want to account for human error and reaction time. Average reaction time is 0.25 seconds.

Probably take the CD from you at that point.

Back