All-Star Issue With Full Paid Bid Not Covering The Cost

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wcdad

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
Has any one had an issue, under the new policy ($650.00 per cheerleader) of not covering the costs? I just found out that it will cost an additional $250.00 per person to attend.

Also the Host company is flying the team out of an airport that is 2.5 hrs away.

Any one else running into this

I don't think it has ever covered the cost completely for T&S. I think our athletes pay $350.00 + each year on top of their paid bid. And we are also flying out of an airport 3 hours away just to get cheaper airfare.

I have heard from our gym that the full paid bid did not cover the full cost, they had to shell out a few hundred extra dollars per athlete.

Maybe gas prices have caused the flights to be more expensive then in years past and that's part of it?

IDK just spit balling here.

Little bit was looking at flights today and from Charlotte to Orlando was $142. Not bad.

yeah we were looking at prices when we were in dallas, from ny to orlando it was like $250 per person then 2 weeks later when we actually booked it was $400 per person we ended up flying from an airport 2.5 hours away to get a cheaper flight becuase $1600 for 4 people just for flights is too much.

So next year we will be the "at large bid" , the "partial paid bid" and the "It only helps paid bid" .. lol
Or the "come spend $1000 at disney bid and be lucky to make prelims", the "be happy you got anything at all bid because youre automatically going to prelims", and the "sucks to have to take a plane to worlds bid because if you could drive you wouldnt owe anything else".

In years past, the paid bid probably paid the full cost per athlete when it went to a small team $25,000 divided by 20 + 2 coaches It never covered our large team of 36. But it seemed that most of the cost of the comp was covered, besides flight.

Yeah it mostly just covered our flights, which were $580. So I'll be paying for the diff. Flying out of cali is FUN....

Back