All-Star It’s sad only seeing two teams remaining in large coed 6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 8, 2020
I honestly never would have thought that large coed would eventually dwindle down to only two teams. I can remember when my older cousin competed senio large coed there were approximately 10 plus teams.

The writing has been on the wall for a while. The added divisions, particularly the NT divisions, has diluted all of the original senior divisions. As much as I love the large teams, it doesn't make sense to keep a division with 2-4 teams. I think the industry needs to do a complete restructure. If it was up to me, Worlds divisions would have a max of 24 on a team with the following divisions:
U18 AG 6
Open AG 6
Open AG 7,
U18 Small coed 6
Open Small coed 6
Open Small coed 7
U18 Large coed 6
Open Large coed 6
Open Large coed 7

It's a pipe dream, because the industry puts too much of a priority on profit, but it would be nice to see hugely competitive divisions and winning worlds be a true accomplishment again.

I honestly never would have thought that large coed would eventually dwindle down to only two teams. I can remember when my older cousin competed senio large coed there were approximately 10 plus teams.

Which two are left? I haven't kept up. Thanks

Tglc and cheetahs. Steel is now in the medium coed division. My younger sister has loved competing in the large coed division, but is looking forward to this new adventure in the medium coed division.
Wow!!! Thanks and congrats to your sister

Last edited:
Back