Level 1 Cradle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If it's below extension and she's on two feet it should be. Though how you'd manage to cradle from that I'm not sure. It's like cradling from a sponge

Sounds more like a type of basket/toss, have to be careful how high the pop is but if done correctly, it should be legal.

As long as it doesnt throw through extension and stays under the chin.
mmmmm I would encourage a follow through extension... It's where a craddle initiated from that matters.... For example, your theory would suggest level one cradles would need to be swept out, as opposed to throwing them high

mmmmm I would encourage a follow through extension... It's where a craddle initiated from that matters.... For example, your theory would suggest level one cradles would need to be swept out, as opposed to throwing them high
You have to be careful with height though because, if it goes to high it could be considered a toss. Or that's how I think of it.

It wouldn't make any difference if someone considers it a toss or a cradle...with 2 bases and a back, still legal...as long as you don't 1/4 twist.

Hmm, it would be hard to differentiate that from a scrunch/sponge toss IMO.

Most scrunch/sponge tosses start with the flyer in a sponge position, ie flyer's knees bent and hands on bases. Cradles, on the other hand, are dismounts from stunts, so the flyer would transition directly from a stunt position (ie legs locked, hands not touching bases) through the toss to a cradle position. Just guessing that this would be the way that judges could differentiate between legal level 1 cradles and illegal tosses.

I believe the difference between a basket and a dismount from the stunt would be the height of the skill.

I don't recommend throwing it high. You should follow through because you want proper technique, but be careful.

It would make a difference because all tosses are illegal in L1.
J/K...that's very important & I was thinking level 2!! Thanks Andre!!

However, I see several people talking about the height of the skill being the difference, however, from a rules standpoint, the height of a cradle isn't restricted.

Back